Can FE Tele sales really give you that " nomad laptop lifestyle"?

$200k net? I'm sure JD will chime in. There's no way you'll do $200k net first year doing FE telesales. You'd be top 0.5% doing $200k gross.

The ones making the money in telesales are the recruiters. They can sell leads to their agents and make overrides. No need to worry about how much their agents spend on leads, as they get to make an override regardless.
I appreciate the feedback. I've been researching pretty thoroughly for quite awhile, though, and that doesn't line up with what I've seen. What do you think I might be overlooking?

I've been kicking around the idea of giving FE telesales a shot and I'm 99% sure it's gonna happen in the next few months. I've done a lot of research, taken naysayers seriously and all that.

If there's a prototype to do it, it's me. My entire career has been in sales, almost all over the phone for ~20 years. 10+ years in insurance (P&C agency owner). I actually like being at a desk working leads and have no interest at all in being on the road.

I'll be well-funded and putting in the hours, maybe for the shop you're talking about. If I put the over/under at $200k net in the first 12 months, what would your guess be? Only asking because informed, skeptical opinions on it are hard to come by.
I wouldn't hazard a guess. Too many variables. I'm sure there are some doing just that.

If I were betting I would go under.

I keep seeing all these twenty something life insurance agent influencers on TikTok and Youtube, living out of Airbnbs doing tele sales with their laptops. Is this a sustainable business model long term? (I know brand spanking new agents that built huge ACA books in an amazingly short amount of time, but that only goes back a few years. Still new money!) I wish I was that ambitious at that age! I wish them well! Hope the inevitable chargebacks from all those new recruits don't eventually swallow them whole!

" nomad laptop lifestyle"​

What does that mean to you? To me, it's working a few hours in the a.m., doing something fun in your new location during the day and then catching up on work for a few hours before dinner.

I know a few successful FE telesales agents. Those dudes are tied to their desks for most of the day. I guess you could be tied to a desk in another location while traveling and still be successful.

I don't know that I'd consider that a digital nomad though.

I appreciate the feedback. I've been researching pretty thoroughly for quite awhile, though, and that doesn't line up with what I've seen. What do you think I might be overlooking?
What research have you done? Please don't say you're using numbers from these marketers as legitimate research.

Agree with others who are asking Jeff Root to chime in. I'd be very curious to hear his opinion on how realistic $200k net would be for first year FE telesales agents.

What research have you done? Please don't say you're using numbers from these marketers as legitimate research.

Agree with others who are asking Jeff Root to chime in. I'd be very curious to hear his opinion on how realistic $200k net would be for first year FE telesales agents.
Been eyeballing it for a year or two. I've talked to a handful of people doing it now and another handful that tried it and either failed or moved on. Read everything I can find, both from IMO's and not. Watched leader boards where I can, videos, etc. I've tried to stick to stuff from a few groups, you can probably guess which.

I've read/watched a ton from Jeff, and I think he'd agree it's a lofty expectation.

Been eyeballing it for a year or two. I've talked to a handful of people doing it now and another handful that tried it and either failed or moved on. Read everything I can find, both from IMO's and not. Watched leader boards where I can, videos, etc. I've tried to stick to stuff from a few groups, you can probably guess which.

I've read/watched a ton from Jeff, and I think he'd agree it's a lofty expectation.
Lofty is downplaying it. But give it a shot! It can be done, but you'll have to work your ass off. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I'm sure we'd all be glad to hear an update (good or bad) a year or so from now.

Back