Can Humana Deny PDP Enrolment?

Your first mistake was letting them - and, in fact - encouraging them to call Humana. You should have referred them to an agent in the area that reps Humana MA plans.

This would have accomplished several things:

1. established a relationship with you and this other agent, who, possibly in the future, could have reciprocated (sp?)
  2. the medicare beneficiaries would have had a person, a real life person, to ask questions of, and speak to, rather than a company rep
You will find the more you get the companies involved, the more confusion arises.

My two cents worth.

Your first mistake was letting them - and, in fact - encouraging them to call Humana. You should have referred them to an agent in the area that reps Humana MA plans.

This would have accomplished several things:

1. established a relationship with you and this other agent, who, possibly in the future, could have reciprocated (sp?)
  2. the medicare beneficiaries would have had a person, a real life person, to ask questions of, and speak to, rather than a company rep
You will find the more you get the companies involved, the more confusion arises.

My two cents worth.

Had no idea anyone from the South could make so much sense!:idea:

I did offer to do the enrollment on-line and just get it through. As long as the address used is the same one that Medicare has, there should be no problem.

Talking to a company always gets you 1) the wrong answer; 2) a different answer each time you call and 3) the wrong answer (yes, I meant to do this twice).

Rick

Thanks for all your input. Always appreciate it. Got to tell ya if I knew of a local Humana Rep whom I could trust I would have gone down that path.

So it appears that even a local rep would have walked away because of an internal Human rule of being out of the state for 7 months (mcday). Besides, finding an agent whom is willing to just write the PDP only is an even harder fish to catch. Just real world stuff...

So, I called my client and she was humored when I informed her that Humana requires her to stay in her house, redistribute her wealth, and use duct tape and plastic on her windows and doors! :D

Besides, finding an agent whom is willing to just write the PDP only is an even harder fish to catch. Just real world stuff...

So, I called my client and she was humored when I informed her that Humana requires her to stay in her house, redistribute her wealth, and use duct tape and plastic on her windows and doors! :D

As I offered, if they are in one of the states where I have a non-resident license, I can enroll them on-line. I've done about 500 PDP plans with Humana.

Rick

Just for the record:

Clients called 1800Medicare and they were painlessly enrolled. None of that seven month house arrest unhuman rule and the Medi Rep didn't try to roll em into a combo MA-PD plan. Seems Medi Rep gets paid the same regardless of whether PDP or MA-PD.

Don't ya just love this business. :cool:

Back