Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?

senior advisor indian are you really 27 like it says in your profile...cause i am and could use some advice on selling life,health, and acc... i am about to take the exam.. just took the pre lisc..

I am not indian and I will only be 27 for a few more days. Sorry buddy, you should have asked me a couple months ago, I am running out of time for 27 yr old advice. :D I'm just kidding, As long as you didn't murder someone and can get your license I can help a little. I am not new to the biz. I think I actually have leads for IL too.

I have had some misdemeanors when I was 20 and younger and I still have to explain those to carriers. But I know a guy who was a habitual traffic offender and a couple drug charges that got his license. Shoot I know some insurance agents that can't even get thier driver's license.

I am not indian and I will only be 27 for a few more days. Sorry buddy, you should have asked me a couple months ago, I am running out of time for 27 yr old advice. :D I'm just kidding, As long as you didn't murder someone and can get your license I can help a little. I am not new to the biz. I think I actually have leads for IL too.

I have had some misdemeanors when I was 20 and younger and I still have to explain those to carriers. But I know a guy who was a habitual traffic offender and a couple drug charges that got his license. Shoot I know some insurance agents that can't even get thier driver's license.

Thanks Indiana..
I called the DOI today and they told they review each person case by case. He said if I do get denied that I am allowed a hearing.
It was so stupid how i got the charge. This kinda sux.. I got My first kid on the way and i just want to dive in and start busting arse.. ya no...
I have a job now in the school system and the charge has never interfered hopefully it wont here...
When i get that liscense I will get at you for those leads. Blessings
Benjamin

Does any one here know if you can get a license to sell health,life,etc. in Illinois if you have a felony on you record?
I know it was a drug traffic charge and is the only thing on this persons record.
Blessings, Benjamin

In my state you can petition the bureau of insurance and have them rule on it. You know if you are 40 and were convicted when you were 20 and have had a clean record since it carries a lot of weight. If it happened last year and the person is still on probation then that's another matter. Also, different carriers may or may not appoint even if the person is licensed. Could all work out fine though so if a person is trying to improve their life they should go for it.

Winter

That's tough....we all make mistakes...especially when we are young.

Look at it this way...what have you got to loose? Go for it!

Chances are...if it didn't involve a financial crime...you will get approved.

Disclose everything...and don't lie on the application.

Keep your chin up...!

In Texas you cannot get a life/health licence after receiving a DUI conviction. I think you have to wait 5 years before you are able to get it.

Maybe repeat but not 1st offense DUI - half the brokers I know are a bunch of drunks with DUI's...

I even think the application states ...except 1st offense DUI... I seem to remember that wording somewhere.

Either way I think after 5 years misdemeanors should wash out and 10 years on most felonies (like drugs, etc.,) Bottom line is everyone needs a second chance and we seem to quick to lock everyone up and kick them when they are down.

Here's a good one.

I know a man...who when he was young...was convicted of Armed Robbery. He did 2 yrs in the Pen of a 5 yr sentence (got out early for good behaviour). When he got out.....he started hanging with the wrong crowd...and pulled another armed robbery. This time...the judge gave him 10 yrs...of which he did another 5.

After the last stint...he figured out that he wasn't good at crime. He then decided to get his sh~! together. He went to college and got his BA. Then went to law school at night and got a law degree. He then applied to the Bar for an exam to get his license to practice law....carefully disclosing everything in his past...and then passed the Bar. Then he clerked with a Judge for 2 yrs. Many years had passed since his last time in Jail.

He now works in firm as a private practicing criminal lawyer (his calling).

Now that's a story of someone who screwed up big time in his youth....

True story....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back