Can You Make Money Selling Medicare Advantage?

Are you an ICA? if so, how are you also with Humana and Universal, am I reading this right?
...................................................................................

Yes, you are reading it right. I am an ICA w/United...howver I am allowed to carry other MA's for areas that United doesn't have product. Been w/ United since 2007.

If you have been refused the same courtesy...it is from your Mgmt, not United.

HolyRoller said:
...................................................................................

Yes, you are reading it right. I am an ICA w/United...howver I am allowed to carry other MA's for areas that United doesn't have product. Been w/ United since 2007.

If you have been refused the same courtesy...it is from your Mgmt, not United.

And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make you cancel your contracts with other companies anyways. Or else you couldn't keep your renewals with them.

First, you totally forgot about group selling. During OE all of the big contenders set up shop in the club houses of the huge over 55 communities we have here, in Walgreens, Publix, and where ever they can and hold seminars. Second in Broward there were in 2010 118,508 bene's with 48% on MA, in Dade 193,717 with 53% on MA. The lists of T-65 I've been buying from Josh (he da man) tell me there are approximately 1,000 T-65 in each county pr month.
With all that said...who you calling liar?, me or my friend?:mad::swoon::goofy::twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He didn't say that they were all individual applicants.

I be a she...:yes:
Looking for good t65 lists. Could you help?

I find reading this thread is like opening a time capsule...it stared in 2012 and now it is 2018. I wonder if the people that were resistant to MA plans ever changed their thought process.

I sell both and approximately 85% of my business is MA. I give my clients a choice explain both and they select what they select unless I see a situation that one makes more sense than another. Let me give you an example I had an elderly couple that between the both of them were paying $9100 for their supplements and RX plans. Their were not in the best health and their two sons who happen to be Dr’s were at the Meeting. After explaining the difference in a Supplement and MA plan they went with an MA plan with MOP of $3100 each with zero premium. The numbers speak for themselves. I have gotten so many referrals from that one Meeting.

I wonder if the people that were resistant to MA plans ever changed their thought process.

How do you know they are "resistant" to MA plans? How much do you really know about anyone on this forum? Or do you prefer to just make assumptions and ignore the truth?

FWIW many of those that posted, including the OP, are no longer active on the forum. Many may not even be in the business. At least one of the posters from 2012 has left the business.

I for one don't care how your MA to Medigap ratio shakes out. Perhaps you think by throwing out unverified production claims you hope to convert folks to your way of marketing?

I don't know how long you have been in the insurance business nor do I care. But I can tell you that very few of my clients buy based on numbers. This is nothing new. It has been that way over the 43 years I have been in the insurance business.

Maybe you can teach some of us a few tricks so we can be successful like you claim to be. But I won't be one of your followers because you are now on ignore.

Go preach your gospel to someone else and have the time of your life.

How do you know they are "resistant" to MA plans? How much do you really know about anyone on this forum? Or do you prefer to just make assumptions and ignore the truth?

FWIW many of those that posted, including the OP, are no longer active on the forum. Many may not even be in the business. At least one of the posters from 2012 has left the business.

I for one don't care how your MA to Medigap ratio shakes out. Perhaps you think by throwing out unverified production claims you hope to convert folks to your way of marketing?

I don't know how long you have been in the insurance business nor do I care. But I can tell you that very few of my clients buy based on numbers. This is nothing new. It has been that way over the 43 years I have been in the insurance business.

Maybe you can teach some of us a few tricks so we can be successful like you claim to be. But I won't be one of your followers because you are now on ignore.

Go preach your gospel to someone else and have the time of your life.

Just Wow I am not trying to covert anyone on this forum to do anything...You interperted what I wrote to fit your agenda.. I have no agenda...

I did not think I was making a sales call...I stated that I give my clients a choice between MA and Med Sup and they make the choice ...Nowhere did I say clients of mine based on my sales ratio..

I never said I was successful ...I never said I was not successful...

What I was doing was reflecting on how times have changed in the Medicare Marketplace.

Thank you for for being one of the pioneers in this industry with over 40 years in this business

Just Wow I am not trying to covert anyone on this forum to do anything...You interperted what I wrote to fit your agenda.. I have no agenda...

I did not think I was making a sales call...I stated that I give my clients a choice between MA and Med Sup and they make the choice ...Nowhere did I say clients of mine based on my sales ratio..

I never said I was successful ...I never said I was not successful...

What I was doing was reflecting on how times have changed in the Medicare Marketplace.

Thank you for for being one of the pioneers in this industry with over 40 years in this business

Hey Packerland, It's a tough crowd on this insurance forum, you think?

I read the percentage of Medicare beneficiaries on MA is nearing 1/3rd of all Medicare beneficiaries. There is a reason for this and it's not simply that these individuals all made a bad decision. I have hundreds of very happy MA clients, some going back nearly a decade. The vast majority of these clients have saved a huge amount of money vs purchasing a Medicare supplement and also paying for a drug card.

Hey Packerland, It's a tough crowd on this insurance forum, you think?

I read the percentage of Medicare beneficiaries on MA is nearing 1/3rd of all Medicare beneficiaries. There is a reason for this and it's not simply that these individuals all made a bad decision. I have hundreds of very happy MA clients, some going back nearly a decade. The vast majority of these clients have saved a huge amount of money vs purchasing a Medicare supplement and also paying for a drug card.

Most forums have the ones that been on a site for a long period of time and do not accept new posters readily. I have seen the same type of posters on sports, religion and politics boards.

I am here to learn and share.

I find reading this thread is like opening a time capsule...it stared in 2012 and now it is 2018. I wonder if the people that were resistant to MA plans ever changed their thought process.

I sell both and approximately 85% of my business is MA. I give my clients a choice explain both and they select what they select unless I see a situation that one makes more sense than another. Let me give you an example I had an elderly couple that between the both of them were paying $9100 for their supplements and RX plans. Their were not in the best health and their two sons who happen to be Dr’s were at the Meeting. After explaining the difference in a Supplement and MA plan they went with an MA plan with MOP of $3100 each with zero premium. The numbers speak for themselves. I have gotten so many referrals from that one Meeting.

That is the way to do it! excellent.

Back