Can You Make Money Selling Medicare Advantage?

medwining said:
True that HR. And because of those millions who can afford nothing else, there will always be a market out there. The sale is not much, but the referrals are great.

I usually double my sales by offering them Medicare approved braces which are at no cost to them.

You should offer them cable/satellite services too. I wonder if you can get a contract to sell magic jack?

True that HR. And because of those millions who can afford nothing else, there will always be a market out there. The sale is not much, but the referrals are great.

I usually double my sales by offering them Medicare approved braces which are at no cost to them.

Most of my senior clients have bridges, so they don't need braces. Thanks for offering.

And to all the MAPD bashers, for all of those duals and LIS customers (almost my entire MAPD base), its a big help to them in place of a&b alone....and there's nothing easier than a sale with zero premium, and no chance that a bank draft doesn't go through...

but man, there are a lot more phone calls for MAPD customers than Plan F customers... if only 1 product fit all customers...

@ Holy Roller, which FMO or MGA are you with? and what MA do you market mostly..do you do United Healthcare?

ICA with United/CIP....Humana and Universal with Messer FMO. Many on here rip Messer, but my experience w/them has been great.

I work a large geographical area...no single MA covers all of it, so it is necessary for me to have several.

This AEP the CIP product is going to have huge increase...they have a new Chronic for COPD to go w/diabetes and heart failure...AND they are adding a zero premium MAPD.

Last edited:
Does ICA stand for anything?
Also what does this mean, "As far as who to contract with, be careful and read the fine print don't assign your compensation to anyone and if your looking at Humana agent level should be around $380.
...I read somewhere here that there is an FMO or MGA where they left and weren't able to collect their renewals. With UHC, i heard that commission comes directly from them even if you signed under a MGA..... I saw a paper that includes commissions with words assignor, assignee but MGA said that I don't need to sign those...my question is if I should ever decide to leave and get contracted directly with another FMO...does an MGA have any control over my renewals...just wondering about that paper but he assured me that with UHC, the commissions comes direct from the company and I will get my commissions as long as I'm contracted, but not sure if I moved..would that be considered cutting off my contract...sorry this sounds so long winded.. I hope you all understanded what I'm asking, would really like to know the answer. Thanks.

ICA with United/CIP....Humana and Universal with Messer FMO. Many on here rip Messer, but my experience w/them has been great.

I work a large geographical area...no single MA covers all of it, so it is necessary for me to have several.

This AEP the CIP product is going to have huge increase...they have a new Chronic for COPD to go w/diabetes and heart failure...AND they are adding a zero premium MAPD.

Are you an ICA? if so, how are you also with Humana and Universal, am I reading this right?

Are you an ICA? if so, how are you also with Humana and Universal, am I reading this right?

If you are an ICA with UHC you wouldn't be allowed to sell other MAPDS...period....and UHC is not a company you want to screw around with if this is the case.

Did he say he was selling humana and universal? He just said he is contracted with them. Big difference. Ins Forum policia

Back