Can You Make Money Selling Medicare Advantage?

I also think it's almost impossible for someone just starting out in the insurance business to succeed in the Medicare niche-in order to be successful you have to have credibility, why would a senior listen to a rookie in his 20's when they can work with an experienced agent closer to their own age?

Totally disagree. As long as you are friendly and genuinely care about people, older folks will love you! Especially if you listen to them...they love 'giving advice' to the younger generation! And they love to see younger people out working hard and making a living.

I can't personally attest to it, since I started this just last year when I was 39, so not exactly 'young'. But the lady who trained me was in her late 20s, had been doing it since she was like 19, and does VERY well. She's very pretty, too, so I'm SURE that helps! :D

Can you make money?...Yes

How much?...depends but my renewals alone after 5 yrs is around 70K

Are they good for the customer?...If marketed properly, they are fantastic. Basically, if customer stays relatively healthy they will save several THOUSAND dollars in premiums in a short time...If they get very sick...they have a Max out of pocket.

All the folks who bad mouth MA's either don't understand them...or sold them wrong and got smacked.

Almost 1/3 of Srs now use MA's...and if we can get rid of Sleezy :yes:Preezy Kardashian...the numbers will grow even higher

GreenSky said:
I didn't understand the quote you agree with. Could you please explain?

Rick
It is explained in detail at the "fight club".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HolyRoller said:
Can you make money?...Yes

How much?...depends but my renewals alone after 5 yrs is around 70K

Are they good for the customer?...If marketed properly, they are fantastic. Basically, if customer stays relatively healthy they will save several THOUSAND dollars in premiums in a short time...If they get very sick...they have a Max out of pocket.

All the folks who bad mouth MA's either don't understand them...or sold them wrong and got smacked.

Almost 1/3 of Srs now use MA's...and if we can get rid of Sleezy :yes:Preezy Kardashian...the numbers will grow even higher

It depends on what states you sell in. I'm sure you could easily make 70k in most states only selling MA's but there are less than 1/3 on Medicare in quite a few states.

Last edited:
It is explained in detail at the "fight club".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It depends on what states you sell in. I'm sure you could easily make 70k in most states only selling MA's but there are less than 1/3 on Medicare in quite a few states.

....................................................................................

I don't sell only MA's but that is my MA renewal...I sell MA, Med Supp, F.E., Annuities, LTC...but MA's created the majority of my customer base.

I just feel a wonderful product for millions of Srs is being demonized by folks who should know better. Millions can't affor Med Supps...many others (I have Retired Doctor's who want MA)...who only want catastrophic coverage.

Many sales folks leaving a lot of money on the table for no good reason

Last edited:
HolyRoller said:
....................................................................................

I don't sell only MA's but that is my MA renewal...I sell MA, Med Supp, F.E., Annuities, LTC...but MA's created the majority of my customer base.

I just feel a wonderful product for millions of Srs is being demonized by folks who should know better. Millions can't affor Med Supps...many others (I have Retired Doctor's who want MA)...who only want catastrophic coverage.

Many sales folks leaving a lot of money on the table for no good reason

It seems to me that a majority of the posters here who sell med supps also sell MA's. It is very area specific whether MA's are a good fit or not. Most of my business is made up of med supps because of the areas I work. 4-5 years ago, MA's were great here. Not so much anymore.

It seems to me that a majority of the posters here who sell med supps also sell MA's. It is very area specific whether MA's are a good fit or not. Most of my business is made up of med supps because of the areas I work. 4-5 years ago, MA's were great here. Not so much anymore.

I understand, and agree that folks should market whatever they like...I just think it is improper to demonize MA, when for MILLIONS of Srs. it is the only viable alternative to Orig Medicare....Many would not even buy Part D without the MA premium savings

Medicare Advantage ain't going anywhere...GTD :nah:

True that HR. And because of those millions who can afford nothing else, there will always be a market out there. The sale is not much, but the referrals are great.

I usually double my sales by offering them Medicare approved braces which are at no cost to them.

Back