Canada Pharmacy

“Client is recently on Eliquis”. Canadian pharmacy calls US pharmacy requesting that her existing prescription be transferred to their pharmacy. Problem solved.
Wait.

You can do a pharmacy transfer outside the US??? That’s a new one. I’ll check and make sure TX allows. Thanks!

Wait.

You can do a pharmacy transfer outside the US??? That’s a new one. I’ll check and make sure TX allows. Thanks!

No. The systems are different. The Canadian pharmacy can "request" the Rx from the provider, but it is normally done though fax rather than escribe.

Also, keep in mind that if the medication is actually dispensed from a Canadian pharmacy, then a Canadian Dr will have to issue their own Rx for it anyway. At least that is how it is in Manitoba.

I have used 1800rxonline.com for a while with no major issues or complaints (other than maybe the length of time to ship etc)

So my clients on name brands with no generic who aren't eligible for manufacturer's programs, or LIS/Extra Help should look into this option. It's just hitting me now with folks that have added, say,
Is the drill to get near the coverage gap then switch?

So my clients on name brands with no generic who aren't eligible for manufacturer's programs, or LIS/Extra Help should look into this option. It's just hitting me now with folks that have added, say,
Is the drill to get near the coverage gap then switch?

It depends on the drug. You've got to look at it from a 12 month perspective, then decide which is cheaper. One thing I've learned is to also look at no deductible plans when cost is a factor. Often them paying a higher monthly premium is better than the $505 in January

look at no deductible plans

I found this to help as well. Sometimes the total (yearly) cost is less with a no deductible plan, sometimes not. But what it does do is something like this

First month copay $500 then $47 until the donut hole and cat level. Sometimes the client can't climb that mountain and come up with $500 for a deductible plan.

Run numbers for no deductible and you smooth it out to something like $70, $70, $70 until the donut and cat level.

Just something you have to play around with and find something that works for your client.

Have you or your clients used this pharmacy and have any feedback? I'm interested

I have several clients that use them for Eliquis. I believe they pay roughly $200 shipped for 3 month supply of Eliquis. It’s only worth it while in the gap.

Back