Cancer Insurance - Waste of Money ?

We don't have early insurance societies now. We have corporations. This is telling folks they need the product because it does something for others. It is a self serving appeal to emotion by an agent in order to force someone towards a purchasing process they might not otherwise engage in. It gives no indication of any engagement with the prospect to determine what THEIR needs or wishes are.
Reading comprehension is your friend.. Make use of it.. First of all, I said that is how "I felt" about :My" insurance. Are you going to tell me I am wrong to fell that way? Second, I made the statement that my presentation was always geared to what the prospect should have should the "need" arise. You have no idea what I say in a house, yet you make all kinds of assumptions.. Come ride with me some day.. You might even learn what it is really like to help people assure they or their family will not be financially destroyed by a serious illness or death.. Do I make a living doing it? . You bet... Does the company make a profit doing it? Sure hope so!.. Last I heard neither of those were bad things.. Neither is selling underwear for a living if that is what you want to do.

Why are you bothering responding to this forum troll?. He's not an agent and knows next to nothing.

Rick
I always gave him the benefit of a doubt until this thread.... The fact that he says an agent is trying to "force" someone to do something proves he has no knowledge of human nature as well as the insurance business. No agent is going to be able to "force" anyone to do something they really don't want to do.:rolleyes:

Come ride with me some day..

That would be great fun-I think I would enjoy that. I think a visit with you would have benefits on many levels-not just insurance. It is not something I can make happen right now--and I think my brain would continue to be unhelpful--by a few months out, I don't think I would be able to remember much of what we did or talked about.

"We don't have early insurance societies now. We have corporations. This is telling folks they need the product because it does something for others. It is a self serving appeal to emotion by an agent in order to force someone towards a purchasing process they might not otherwise engage in. It gives no indication of any engagement with the prospect to determine what THEIR needs or wishes are."-LD, the most prolific troll on I.F.

If someone walks into my office, says they are interested in Medicare or Short-Term for example, say I'm healthy as a horse, no concerns with history of cancer, heart attack, strokes, not interested in any other type of policy, none of these guys (&gals) are saying that they would ask them to be altruistic and buy a cancer policy.

However, if in the course of a conversation, the prospect mentions a high risk of cancer, maybe because a history in the family or a close friend who wishes that they had purchased it because now they would need/use it....then, yes, I would discuss it with them. All the aspects of the policy and what it does or could do. And I would thank them and tell them that I hope that they never have to use it.

Sorry, Rick, I just can't help it...

Rousemark, just a side note in regard to reading comprehension. Reading comprehension skill issues and memory issues negatively impact my life every day in a variety of ways. About 4-5 months ago, while I was trying to make decisions about selling insurance, I started a thread about reading speed and comprehension with some very specific questions geared to helping me understand how far away, or close to, I am to what an insurance agent has to do every day in regard to dealing with applications, policy deliveries, product understanding etc. I was "laughed out of the room"-- the general consensus being that that could not possibly be a serious thread and inquiry. Rick was there, as usual, helping that train of thought along. It was a very serious inquiry. As I recall, you were one of the ones putting down the thread, so don't get after me about that issue now. That thread got so negative and had such a level of conflict between you and me that I finally asked the mods to remove it.

Rousemark, just a side note in regard to reading comprehension. Reading comprehension skill issues and memory issues negatively impact my life every day in a variety of ways. About 4-5 months ago, while I was trying to make decisions about selling insurance, I started a thread about reading speed and comprehension with some very specific questions geared to helping me understand how far away, or close to, I am to what an insurance agent has to do every day in regard to dealing with applications, policy deliveries, product understanding etc. I was "laughed out of the room"-- the general consensus being that that could not possibly be a serious thread and inquiry. Rick was there, as usual, helping that train of thought along. It was a very serious inquiry. As I recall, you were one of the ones putting down the thread, so don't get after me about that issue now. That thread got so negative and had such a level of conflict between you and me that I finally asked the mods to remove it.
I don't remember us ever having an argument that would approach having to remove a thread..

However, if in the course of a conversation, the prospect mentions a high risk of cancer, maybe because a history in the family or a close friend who wishes that they had purchased it because now they would need/use it....then, yes, I would discuss it with them. All the aspects of the policy and what it does or could do. And I would thank them and tell them that I hope that they never have to use it.

As long as you do not pick up on the "pay it forward" concept mentioned earlier in the thread and conclude by saying something to the effect of "And if you don't use it, you will have helped someone who did need it." I have no disagreement with what you are talking about saying.

As long as you do not pick up on the "pay it forward" concept mentioned earlier in the thread and conclude by saying something to the effect of "And if you don't use it, you will have helped someone who did need it." I have no disagreement with what you are talking about saying.
LD, assume you have a $10K lump sum cancer policy. You are diagnosed with cancer and the company sends you a check for $10K... Where did that money come from?

Back