Cancer insurance?

OK.. Two big things stood out to me when comparing with the similar Manhattan Plan B.. Manhattan covers immunotherapy the same a s chemo and on the dread diseases, Manhattan pays the same benefits as for cancer not just only a daily hospital benefit.Manhattan's Premium is $33.71 on bank draft for an individual 18-44 or $30.55 at all ages on payroll. Always wondering how they stack up..
For an individual at issue age 18 through worksite and individual application, it is $6.33 a month. A 25 year old is $7.75 monthly, at issue age 30 its $8.60. Issue age 35, it’s $11.14. Issue age 40 it’s $14.63. Issue age 45 it’s $20.13.

For an individual at issue age 18 through worksite and individual application, it is $6.33 a month. A 25 year old is $7.75 monthly, at issue age 30 its $8.60. Issue age 35, it’s $11.14. Issue age 40 it’s $14.63. Issue age 45 it’s $20.13.

Are you able to carry your policy when you leave your work place, or do you have to take out another policy... I am sure that the rate would go up... just wondered if you would need to re-qualify?

Are you able to carry your policy when you leave your work place, or do you have to take out another policy... I am sure that the rate would go up... just wondered if you would need to re-qualify?
Nope don’t have to requalify, and you can take the policy with you after leaving your employer.

Normally the plans are fully portable and the rates remain the same.

What type/amount of underwriting do cancer individual policies typically have?
Also, what would be a typical timeframe for them to cover illness/treatment - meaning, say someone purchased a policy and got diagnosed w cancer several mos later. Would that be covered or is there typically a waiting period? (I'm assuming they don't have an extensive uw process)

I have a client in VA in his early 50's that recently asked about them. Just curious who might be a good option. No cancer in his family prior to age 60, no deaths from cancer ever. Thx

What type/amount of underwriting do cancer individual policies typically have?
Also, what would be a typical timeframe for them to cover illness/treatment - meaning, say someone purchased a policy and got diagnosed w cancer several mos later. Would that be covered or is there typically a waiting period? (I'm assuming they don't have an extensive uw process)

I have a client in VA in his early 50's that recently asked about them. Just curious who might be a good option. No cancer in his family prior to age 60, no deaths from cancer ever. Thx
They only ask about cancer and AIDS. Some will DQ if ever had, some look back 10 years, etc.

Manhattan Assurance has the best cancer plan(it pays for immunotherapy), but it's a little pricey. United National Life has a good one that I think is a more affordable plan(but no immunotherapy). These are Scheduled Benefit plans. Many companies have the First Occurance plans.

Back