Cancer insurance?

That's good, because until then, there's a lot of cancer treatments that aren't covered by your cancer policy. Will this cause the rates to go up?

It is going to be an entirely different policy, so you cannot really compare rates. On balance, the plan will cover what we believe to be the most important benefits on a more comprehensive basis while getting rid of some of the smaller, more mundane benefits altogether.

We will have much more information as state approvals start coming in. Keep your eyes open for an email in the coming months w/ regard to a launch and, as always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions in the meantime.

It is going to be an entirely different policy, so you cannot really compare rates. On balance, the plan will cover what we believe to be the most important benefits on a more comprehensive basis while getting rid of some of the smaller, more mundane benefits altogether.

We will have much more information as state approvals start coming in. Keep your eyes open for an email in the coming months w/ regard to a launch and, as always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions in the meantime.
Why do I get the feeling that other than immunotherapy coverage...it's going to be less coverage and higher rates. :laugh:

Have you given politics any thought? :huh:

Rush.. Thanks for replying but you still used a "dsiclaimer" Why not get the claims department or someone with binding authority to state what you state as a definitive interpretation.. Like the company.. Have a friend that had clients use it and claims were paid promptly.. And, everyone should know that you have some great people working in your department..

Last edited:

Will it do away with the old fashioned one time $20.00 policy (application) fee? I know agents that refuse to sell UNL's cancer for that one reason.

Rush.. Thanks for replying but you still used a "dsiclaimer" Why not get the claims department or someone with binding authority to state what you state as a definitive interpretation.. Like the company.. Have a friend that had clients use it and claims were paid promptly.. And, everyone should know that you have some great people working in your department..

I appreciate your efforts on this, but our claims department simply does not give black and white answers about hypothetical scenarios (I suspect to prevent painting themselves into a corner for an insanely rare one-off situation which might contradict a hypothetical claim adjudication). I can tell you what we have done in the past w/ regard to claims and how they are handled on a high level basis, but as every claim is unique in nature there are no absolutes on anything (given an infinite amount of scenarios).

That said and as stated above, we have paid claims on every covered component to date independent of whether or not a cancer is new, spread, after remission, or a second (3rd, 4th, 5th etc.), but completely different form of cancer etc.

Sorry I couldn't provide the binding solution you were looking for.

Also, thanks for the shout out w/ regard to our staff; they work really hard.

What type/amount of underwriting do cancer individual policies typically have?
Also, what would be a typical timeframe for them to cover illness/treatment - meaning, say someone purchased a policy and got diagnosed w cancer several mos later. Would that be covered or is there typically a waiting period? (I'm assuming they don't have an extensive uw process)

I have a client in VA in his early 50's that recently asked about them. Just curious who might be a good option. No cancer in his family prior to age 60, no deaths from cancer ever. Thx
The waiting period after issue is typically 30 days but there are a couple with longer, up to 90 days.

Back