Cancer product

I am looking to pick a carrier that offers a good cancer product any suggestions?
I much prefer a Critical Illness plan but if you MUST have a cancer policy, Conseco is the company I use. Well, I used it once because my client did not qualify for critical illness coverage.

By the way, I like the Assurity CI plan.

If you need an FMO, you can get Conseco through Craig Ritter at ritterim.com and Assurity from goldenwestbrokers.com.

Rick

Guaranteed Trust Life also has a stand alone cancer plan... Lump Sum or Schedule of Benefits... From what Ive seen(which is not alot in this arena) GTLs Cancer plan with Schedule of Benefits is the lowest premium...

I haven't given these plans any serious thought. My thoughts why would you buy an accident plan, a CI plan and whatever, wouldn't you buy a DI policy first?

I understand these plans can have first dollar benefits to help with deductibles, etc. But at what point do you sell this plan?

What order of priority do you place these plans?

1. Health
2. Life
3. Disability
4. Supplemental

Life and DI can be in opposite order depending on the client. But most people don't even have 1 and 2 taken care of properly.

Now, we can all make our clients insurance poor. The best policy is the one that is in force at the time of a claim.

Cancer is a "demand" product . . . more so than disability and even more so than life.

I think a lot of agents offer the product as a cash cow. I can see some benefit, especially if one lacks DI cover, but given the low payout of these products (40-50% loss ratio) I fail to see how they can be of value.

Back