Captive Going Indy!!!!

I am currently captive and have too large of an agency to walk away from. I am looking to form a corporation and get appointed as the corporation with an aggreate so i can have an IA. My captive allows us to maintain a "passive interest" in another agency, so long as I personally dont actively work it (bind, solicit, service for another carrier)

If my wife is the producer for my corporation....that works.

My question is HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS? because obviously im giong to refer out the biz i can't write w/ my captive to her.

How "gray" is that line?

I have a felling ur with allstate. But there this type or set up is going on all over the captive world. I personally would not do that. Either captive or IA. Do not see much value in keeping my captive agency for the long term. :idea:

As u might know its hard to sell captive books these days. I have mind on the market since 6/2011. :no:

Wow, sorry to hear that I think smaller books are being bought up I guess you have a nice size agency. Either way if you have experience IA is the way to go. You get paid more, have more options, and no company telling you how to run your business as you pay the bills:mad:. Good luck with the sale!

Latest posts

Back