Car Accident by Excluded Driver Permit teenager

Caveat, not an agent.

Would the vehicle's owner (or co-owner) then also be arrested as an accessory to theft?
No. But it is potential fraud if Mom & Dad have given keys to kid and said drive anyway.
Failure to produce signed exclusion could force carrier to pay.

Actually, I do not remember signing my son to be excluded. But I have another kid who turned 15 last year and I do remember signing that exclusion form. Now I checked and that form mentions both of the kids names (although the spellings of the name are incorrect).
So, i assume that there is nothing I can do but pay for the all damage (which i do not know how much). Is it possible to take the blame on me since I am insured? That way my insurance will pay. Also, will this incident go into my son's driving record (he has a permit not a driving license)?

Actually, I do not remember signing my son to be excluded. But I have another kid who turned 15 last year and I do remember signing that exclusion form. Now I checked and that form mentions both of the kids names (although the spellings of the name are incorrect).
So, i assume that there is nothing I can do but pay for the all damage (which i do not know how much). Is it possible to take the blame on me since I am insured? That way my insurance will pay. Also, will this incident go into my son's driving record (he has a permit not a driving license)?

You may want to consult an attorney. Bodily injury claims mysteriously turn up.

And no, you can not claim to be at fault for the insurance fraud.

Good luck. Please let us know how this turns out.

Thanks winoVlues for your response. Will this incident impact my son's driving record and his future insurance premiums? (assuming that it is his fault). He has the permit for instruction but not the DL yet.

Thanks winoVlues for your response. Will this incident impact my son's driving record and his future insurance premiums? (assuming that it is his fault). He has the permit for instruction but not the DL yet.

Sorry, I can not answer that question. My last one came off my insurance, still paying while she is in school, a couple of years ago.

If it does it won't be forever. Tuition we as parents and youth pays.

I reached out to a few motor vehicle accident lawyers and they "do not do this kind of work". Not sure why is this? Is there another type of lawyer that can help, like "Insurance lawyers"?

So, i assume that there is nothing I can do but pay for the all damage

Right.

Is it possible to take the blame on me since I am insured?

No. The purpose of the Named Driver Exclusion is so that the insurance company pays Zero for any claims involving the excluded driver.

will this incident go into my son's driving record

Probably.

(assuming that it is his fault).

Why do you write that? You were in the car. How did the accident happen?

I reached out to a few motor vehicle accident lawyers and they "do not do this kind of work". Not sure why is this?

Not a lot of money in it. They prefer injury cases.

Is there another type of lawyer that can help, like "Insurance lawyers"?

Insurance defense lawyers. These are lawyers that work for insurance companies when their insureds have claims against them.

Thanks for replying again, adjusterjack!
My son was getting into a left turn lane while another car was passing really fast in that lane and it's passenger side doors scraped my driver side bumper. That driver is also a 17 year old kid. This accident probably would not have happened if either or both were more mature drivers. In my mind, the other driver was at fault as well but not sure how to access that.
I have a couple of questions:
1. The Exclusion clause has an incorrect name of my son - like Dafid instead of David. Can this help?
2. Should I hire a lawyer after I get to know the amount involved? If it is a small one, I will rather not get into legal hassles.

Thanks for replying again, adjusterjack!
My son was getting into a left turn lane while another car was passing really fast in that lane and it's passenger side doors scraped my driver side bumper. That driver is also a 17 year old kid. This accident probably would not have happened if either or both were more mature drivers. In my mind, the other driver was at fault as well but not sure how to access that.
I have a couple of questions:
1. The Exclusion clause has an incorrect name of my son - like Dafid instead of David. Can this help?
2. Should I hire a lawyer after I get to know the amount involved? If it is a small one, I will rather not get into legal hassles.

1) No.

2) Yes, you should probably get a consultation at that point if it's more than you're comfortable paying to make it go away. Don't have high hopes, though.

Back