Carrier Direct Appointment Options

justinbarden

Expert
Here's my deal. I'm a non-captive life only agent appointed with Foresters only. I have spent the last year gearing up to transition to sell life products exclusively while working a 60+hour corporate sales gig. I have sold less than 60k in annualized in 2011, but then again it was part-time. With Foresters, I have an upline consisting of 6 people and everyone is taking a piece. It seems excessive. I've built a lead generation system with a decent website and database, I attend street fairs, and grind swap meets. All is well in the world of grass-roots/gorilla marketing and it's my niche. I need to diversify and I am looking for direct carrier appointments. Can anyone recommend a few carriers that do business in California that will work with my company directly? I'm looking at Oxford, MOO, Monumental, Genworth, and ING. Does anyone know if I can go direct w/ these guys and if their are others I should be looking at for consideration. Thank you very much for any feedback!:)

Talk to Todd King...(540)400-6275.
Great guy, honest, and will help you out with whatever you need or just leave you alone if that's what you want.

I wouldn't worry so much about being direct, just find an upline with less people involved. If you are thinking by going direct;that you will get a higher contract just because there are less upline people. That is not always true. Most insurance companies start you with street level(105%) unless you have proof of massive production. A upline(IMO, MGA) might start you at 110%.115%, or higher.

Not meaning to thread jack, but I started a similar thread here:
Carriers Who Offer Direct Contracts

Currently, I'm still in the process of contacting several companies. It's taking me longer than I anticipated, but I intend to post a list of which company is offering what, and what requirements they have.

Whoo hoo!!! Post number 20! :1biggrin:

Back