Carrier Reps - Most Worthless Humans on Earth - CUTTING THEM OFF

^ Read the post clown. I didn't say anything yet. The post was about translating THAT into a professional email to convey my lack of enthusiasm for spending time to sit down on the regular.

Chump woman.

^ Read the post clown. I didn't say anything yet. The post was about translating THAT into a professional email to convey my lack of enthusiasm for spending time to sit down on the regular.

Chump woman.

I did, and I saw how you wanted feedback before sending. But in your other comments in this thread you discuss how you treat reps.

By the way, I am not a woman.

Man, you are one cranky SOB.

Why are you so angry?

Do you need a hug?

I have zero tolerance for idiots & time wasters. To some, this may appear as cranky and/or angry.

I'm open to a hug. Maybe we can sway back & forth while singing coom-baya too? Hippy

OK then can you guys give me examples of how a carrier rep helped you in any real measurable way? Like actually enough so that you consider them "worth" more then their weight in dog excrement?

to answer your question, here's some help I've received in the past from carrier reps:

- when I expanded, three particular reps saved me a ton of time going through the process. I went through the same experience with not-so-helpful reps of other carriers, and I had to jump through a lot more hoops on my own to get it taken care of.

-a good carrier rep keeps a good pulse on where their company is hot, and where it is not. and more importantly, where that might have changed recently.

-a good carrier rep knows who to call within the company when something needs done on the fly.

-I've received several incentive bonuses over the years that wouldn't have been available had I ignored the rep's calls/emails trying to set up an appt.... not talking a lot of money, but more than enough to make it worth 20-30 mins. of my time.

Carrier reps are like any other profession. Some are very valuable while others are lousy. and some reps are good, but their carrier doesn't give them the tools to be effective. ;)

My advice would be to hear this rep out for 20-30 mins to hear what he/she has to say. And also, many of them only want to visit you once (two of my three best reps, I haven't seen in person in three or more years)... after that, if you don't think they're of value to you, then you can tell them to go away.

Trust me, it doesn't take long to weed out the unhelpful reps... I only get maybe 3 to 4 hours of visits per year. and more often than not, I find those visits helpful in some way.

A Long Long Time Ago in a much different Job...

I was a Regional Sales manager and Wholesale Account Executive in the imploded Mortgage Industry...

I had authority to set up a broker to write temporary deals until they were able to prove that they were a real broker and had their sh*t together and i could price and structure deals and if necessary undercut a competitor and still make money on the deal. I worked for a REAL LENDER not a company writing another companies product and we did not have any correspondent lenders selling to us.

It is my impression that the Account Executives for the Insurance companies have no authority at all?

Cool i am looking forward to having free lunches and doughnuts.

:goofy:

haha...just a casual observation here...but I visit this site once in a while, and every time I do, I see your posts in numerous threads, and almost all of them are talking about how busy you are. Which seems strange to me because it seems like you spend a good deal of time here...wasting your time and talking about how you don't have time to waste.

It's not surprising, because I hear all day from prospects about how busy they are...right after they picked up the phone for a number they didn't recognize. I cant remember the last time I was busy doing something...anything really, and picked up my phone for a number that I didn't know.

Like I said...just a casual observation, no harm meant

haha...just a casual observation here...but I visit this site once in a while, and every time I do, I see your posts in numerous threads, and almost all of them are talking about how busy you are. Which seems strange to me because it seems like you spend a good deal of time here...wasting your time and talking about how you don't have time to waste.

It's not surprising, because I hear all day from prospects about how busy they are...right after they picked up the phone for a number they didn't recognize. I cant remember the last time I was busy doing something...anything really, and picked up my phone for a number that I didn't know.

Like I said...just a casual observation, no harm meant

I don't see these forums as a waste of time, for me...they're therapeutic. You sound like my wife when I try to squeeze in golf 1x per year. That being said, this thread is about REPS and how worthless they are.

It's BLOCKO shawn. And I will agree with what he's saying, although the main point is bonuses that could translate into more money.

I had 1 rep put together her own year end push where she put up a $1,000 gift card thing for whomever wrote the most in her territory. I tied with 2 other agencies & she determined the tiebreaker by who wrote the most premium even though those guys were in markets where the premium is 3x higher. Hence, I tried to play nice & she screwed me.

Back