Carriers Charging Fee for Non-producers

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
A video popped up from a channel I subscribe to, the title intrigued me, so I watched it. I won't link to it but if you search for

Medicare Advantage Non-Producers Beware

you should be able to view Sylvia's video yourself.

Apparently only applies (for now) to MA producers.

Surprised I haven't seen anything about this from some of the recruiters.

Honestly, from a business perspective, seems like a no brainer idea for the carrier to do this. I imagine there's also a handful of people out there that will just contract a few non producing agents so they can get an extra level of commission.

Can't tell you how many carriers I contracted with, never wrote any business with and was later terminated for non-production.

A few where I did contract, wrote 1 or 2 apps then stopped because they were a PITA

Never been charged a fee to terminate me.

If I don't pay it will they Vector me?

A video popped up from a channel I subscribe to, the title intrigued me, so I watched it. I won't link to it but if you search for

Medicare Advantage Non-Producers Beware

you should be able to view Sylvia's video yourself.

Apparently only applies (for now) to MA producers.

Surprised I haven't seen anything about this from some of the recruiters.
Sylvias the best, theyre great. are you in Gordons hierarchy?

Actually it’s UHC.

they also dropped a bunch of reps that didnt meet their contract requirements for downline agents.

During a training call a few weeks ago my up line stated that he might start charging a monthly fee to his agents that don't buy leads on a regular basis. I am still waiting for my first invoice.

I have received a couple of e-mails from UHC telling me I will lose Level 1 status as a producer if I don't write one more policy before 12/31? With all their charges I have yet to see any commission from them. UHC MS's is not very competitive in my state.
Many providers don't take their MAPD in the counties I work.

I know a few GA agents that mostly use UHC for situations other carriers won't take. Kind of like a dumping ground. I think they pay 50% commission on GI and will use them there as well.

Back