Chances this new rule goes through? Estimated effects? Future?

SeaSideJB

I have read a fair bit on the new RULE, I have talked to a few people about the new RULE, but no one really knows what the future holds. Does anyone have better info?

Second, what will the industry look like if it does go through. Those that are diversified will suffer the least, but those who are not will just dissolve?

Is there a chance these limitations could be reversed in the next 5-10 years?

Interested to see what people with more experience have to say as I am relatively new to this business all things considered.

I think the rule will go into effect and have some effect on the services that you received from your upline moving forward... many of those services are taken for granted such as CSG Actuarial, Connecture. CRM's, etc could start costing agents fees to use them.

The ridiculous amounts that some companies pay for HRA's will probably go away or be reduced greatly.

100% most of the rule passes . We’ll see the final rule by march end .

I don't sell medicare plans so I don't fully understand the rule. If they eliminate overrides how are the FMO and other uplines going to be paid?

I don't sell medicare plans so I don't fully understand the rule. If they eliminate overrides how are the FMO and other uplines going to be paid?
They’ll have to sell med sups , cancer , hospital plans and life . Honestly outside getting an agent marketing money and providing quoting systems the fmo does little . When and agent makes $310 and the total comp (fmo, sga,ga ) equals $250 that’s obscene . That’s 80% override first yr plus they make 50% on renewals yr in yr out .

They’ll have to sell med sups , cancer , hospital plans and life . Honestly outside getting an agent marketing money and providing quoting systems the fmo does little . When and agent makes $310 and the total comp (fmo, sga,ga ) equals $250 that’s obscene . That’s 80% override first yr plus they make 50% on renewals yr in yr out .
OK. But, if the upline is not going to be compensated on the MAwhy would the recruit agents to sell MA? Sounds like the companies would have to start contracting directly.

Back