Chances this new rule goes through? Estimated effects? Future?

OK. But, if the upline is not going to be compensated on the MAwhy would the recruit agents to sell MA? Sounds like the companies would have to start contracting directly.

Correct . Contracting I’m will be direct .Not sure how all this plays out . Maybe carriers will pay fmo’s to handle certain things.

Last edited:
Question. Suppose the 2025 Final Rule prohibiting overrides passes and our FMOs disappear. No more Sunfire or Connecture that compliantly stores all our SOAs and call recordings disappears? Or do these platforms extort us as Independent Agents and hold us hostage, by charging us big sums of wads to keep it?

Question. Suppose the 2025 Final Rule prohibiting overrides passes and our FMOs disappear. No more Sunfire or Connecture that compliantly stores all our SOAs and call recordings disappears? Or do these platforms extort us as Independent Agents and hold us hostage, by charging us big sums of wads to keep it?
Caveat, NOT an agent.

Aren't there already agents now who buy/lease/rent (whatever the right words are) these products personally so they don't loose those records if they want to move contracts or change FMO's?

When all the FMOs (I'm under at least 4) started sending emails begging us to help them by signing stuff I put the same effort into it that they put into (a) stopping the requirement to read the disclaimer and (b) stopping the resurrected 48 hr rule.

They should thank me to the same extent that I should thank them.

When all the FMOs (I'm under at least 4) started sending emails begging us to help them by signing stuff I put the same effort into it that they put into (a) stopping the requirement to read the disclaimer and (b) stopping the resurrected 48 hr rule.

They should thank me to the same extent that I should thank them.

I was about to say . They never lifted a finger to stop anything the last 2 yrs . All we hear starting in 2022 “ these new rules will never go in effect as nabip , carriers and fmo’s will do fight it “. They did zip . Now with there overrides on the line they mobilized with “ hey agents your about to lose Medicare center, marketing money and all the help you get “ . Very little about all our overrides are about to be gone . I got nothing against a $100 total override to the top of heirachy fmo . But let’s say your under a ga . Go download your United commission statement to excel and scroll all the way over to end on far right . There’s ga , mga , imo , fmo and top of the food chain nmo all overriding . You can see on Aetna statement too . Also same thing on renewal overrides . 80% of the people overriding yiu never talk to . There making millions a year doing nothing . This is essentially tax payer money paying all the “fat “ . Same with Aca . There should be very minimal overrides allowed on govt subsidized products . On the other side carriers aren’t equipped to solicit and license agents as of now . Can search and save take the place of Medicare center as far ? I’ve tried search and save and I can’t stand the interface . It’s so basic and bland . There’s not much functionality . Justin Brock is saying carriers and fmo’s in deep discussions with cms to stop most of this . Yeah just like they were going to stop the recording and 48 hr rule . All these rules and call centers calling people 20-30 times a day every day . Clients complaints to me up 200% vs last yr . There crying to me how there getting so many calls every day it’s driving them insane .

Last edited:

While I use Sunfire and connecture, I made sure to never use their SOA or call recordings. You’re making your FMO hold you hostage.

Have your own CRM that is not tied to your FMO.

While I use Sunfire and connecture, I made sure to never use their SOA or call recordings. You’re making your FMO hold you hostage.

Have your own CRM that is not tied to your FMO.
With Connecture/Sundire you are held hostage with the enrollment platforms unless your current upline agrees to move it (personal data, drug list, etc.)

Back