Changes to Medicare.Gov Medicare sign up

Anyone else notice that for someone to be able to sign up for medicare online, they must first now create a My Social Security account? Never had to do that before.......and it was a 3 minute online enroll, baring any issues with their account. I have seen that you can not create a mySocialSecurity account if you maintain a credit freeze on your accounts.....so it makes for a bit more of a challenge for some people to enroll.

I have helped some people over the years who "do not do computers" enroll on the site.....and now I could not do it for them.

Am I missing anything here? Thanks

Anyone else notice that for someone to be able to sign up for medicare online, they must first now create a My Social Security account? Never had to do that before.......and it was a 3 minute online enroll, baring any issues with their account. I have seen that you can not create a mySocialSecurity account if you maintain a credit freeze on your accounts.....so it makes for a bit more of a challenge for some people to enroll.

I have helped some people over the years who "do not do computers" enroll on the site.....and now I could not do it for them.

That's not all they screwed up this week.

The Plan Finder is now a PITA. If I use Google Chrome, my default browser, to look up one of my client's information by inputting his personal data (not by means of opening his personal "account"), and his ZIP code covers more than one county, then after I select the county, I am supposed to hit "Continue." When I do, nothing happens -- it's not a working link, or whatever you call it.

I have found that it does work if I use IE (which I dislike), instead of Chrome. But it still acts weirdly. After selecting the county and hitting Continue, it does not proceed to display the client's data as before. It just goes back to the same screen that you saw before you selected the county, without a word of explanation. You have to hit the button at the bottom a second time to finally get the info you're after.

Where I live we say "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." Wish the CMS programmers would heed that bit of country wisdom.

Yes , this is a huge inconvenience. I have already had 2 clients this week that weren't able to apply online and had to resort to other methods.

The Plan Finder is now a PITA. If I use Google Chrome, my default browser, to look up one of my client's information by inputting his personal data (not by means of opening his personal "account"), and his ZIP code covers more than one county, then after I select the county, I am supposed to hit "Continue." When I do, nothing happens -- it's not a working link, or whatever you call it.

I have found that it does work if I use IE (which I dislike), instead of Chrome. But it still acts weirdly. After selecting the county and hitting Continue, it does not proceed to display the client's data as before. It just goes back to the same screen that you saw before you selected the county, without a word of explanation. You have to hit the button at the bottom a second time to finally get the info you're after.

Where I live we say "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." Wish the CMS programmers would heed that bit of country wisdom.
Mozilla/Firefox seems to work ok in general

It was a surprise and a big PITA. Now I will be asking my clients to create that account beforehand and bring in username and PW.

I had that problem today with zip codes covering 2 counties. Why can’t they leave well enough alone?

It’s working now. You have to give it a few seconds after selecting the county, then the information comes up.

Back