Changes to the forum

salpro22 said:
Melmunch3 said:
Linda,
It is nice to have you here. There is no one specific purpose for the forum per se, but in general, the only people who are really interested in insurance are agents and the like. We have consumers stop by every once in a while, ask a question or two, get some answers, and then they don't come back. It would be like my going to an automotive forum and asking a transmition question. Once I get my info, I no longer need it.

Agents, and those looking to get into the biz, have a much stronger need for information about insurance. Therefore, it makes sense that most of the content is agent driven, and is mostly appropriate for agents.

The hope was to have a nice cross mix, agents who help other agents, and agents who help consumers. Until we get a lot of traffic from the search engines, it is inevitable that most of the threads will focus on agents.

Some other forums have very active moderators who move threads to the appropriate topics, and correct and edit spelling and do all kinds of work to try and make it very user friendly. We don't really have that kind of situation. John, STI, and myself, all have businesses to run, and that gets in the way of some possibilities.

>>>What other forums are you referencing? The majority of the forums I have come across related to health/life insurance look an advertisement board you would see at a local grocery store.

You can always check out http://forum.topgunproducers.com/, that's a hoot!

I had never seen that one. Is it worth the "introduction" to get access to the forums, or is it just a spam fest?

Melmunch3 said:
I had never seen that one. Is it worth the "introduction" to get access to the forums, or is it just a spam fest?

Its a hoot! The Owner is a character! Seems to have lots of knowledge but lost/whatever his license some years ago in Kansas. Yet he has a lot followers and also his nemisis from the financial-planning.com site such as the moderators there that banded him from the site. Its worth it, there is some good info and ideas there, but take it all with a grain of salt.

Is there any group health discussion?

Lots of good sales and prospecting information that is useful to anyone in the insurance/financial servics profession. It has been very educational for me although there is some controversial stuff.

Back