Charlie Monger's 3 Rules for Career. What Insurance Products Do You Own?

FYI: Not that it matters to his thoughts or habits but...

Warren Buffett's partner at Berkshire is Charlie "Munger" not Monger.

BTW: I remember when I was in high school someone told that there was a stock trading on the NYSE that was over $1000. I couldn't believe it since that seemed like all the money in the world at time when minimum wage was like $1.95. Sure enough, we looked it up and it was $1200. Now almost 25 years later BRK.A is trading at over $268,000.

Lesson: To have true success in investing you really do have to play the "Long-Game." Of course to pick out one of most successful investments of time as an example is a prime case of "sample-selection bias," but the lesson of the long-game is still true. :yes:

Life insurance
Health insurance
Home Owners Insurance
Auto Insurance
Umbrella Insurance
Business Liability
Workmen's Comp
Shop Keepers
Commercial Property
Business Umbrella

Charlie Monger's 3 rules
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/warren-buffetts-partner-charlie-munger-has-3-rules-for-a-career.html

"Three rules for a career:
1) Don't sell anything you wouldn't buy yourself.
2) Don't work for anyone you don't respect and admire.
3) Work only with people you enjoy."

Right now insurance products I own are:
Home
Auto

Shopping for:
Annuity
Pet insurance (although leaning toward self insuring)
Dental (again leaning toward self insuring)

Curious which insurance products agents own?

Let's clarify #1. The American College Professional Pledge fits in here:

"In all my professional relationships, I pledge myself to the following rule of ethical conduct: I shall, in light of all conditions surrounding those I serve, which I shall make every conscientious effort to ascertain and understand, render that service which, in the same circumstances, I would apply to myself."

https://www.theamericancollege.edu/about-the-college/community-responsibility/code-of-ethics

Just because you sell something, doesn't mean it makes sense for YOU to own it, but it can make perfect sense for someone else - based on THEIR situation and circumstances.

Charlie Monger's 3 rules
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/warren-buffetts-partner-charlie-munger-has-3-rules-for-a-career.html

"Three rules for a career: 1) Don't sell anything you wouldn't buy yourself. 2) Don't work for anyone you don't respect and admire. 3) Work only with people you enjoy."

Right now insurance products I own are:
Home
Auto

Shopping for:
Annuity
Pet insurance (although leaning toward self insuring)
Dental (again leaning toward self insuring)

Curious which insurance products agents own?

Vasectomy.. Medical Ins.

No to life insurance. I'm single & have enough cash to take care of all my FE. Although I probably should put together a will.

I'm single and make plenty as well, but you HAVE to have life insurance with FULL living benefits. I think it's especially important when you're single and don't have that second income to fall back on if you survive a major medical event, but can't work any longer. You do not want all of your savings eaten up because you were fortunate enough to survive a heart attack!

No to life insurance. I'm single & have enough cash to take care of all my FE. Although I probably should put together a will.

Please talk to an older, more experienced agent. You just described that you don't have a need for term, but you just outlined a great need for something permanent. I think a 10 Pay would be a great deal for you.

Back