Children's Health Insurance Rates 4th Quarter

Aetna & Cigna have released 4th quarter rates for children and adults. So has KP, but they do not have comply with Obamacrap until January 2011.

Rates for children under age 1 are up 68% for Aetna, 65% for Cigna. Older children are up about 25%.

Neither will write child only plans.
Medicare Supplements

Last edited:
This is what you get when you put a community organizer in the white house. The man in the office has great street cred doesn't he? Again, where are the retards that voted in this disaster?

Right John. But the great community organizer is rubberstamping this ridiculous bill. That is what you get when you vote a "great mind" into the white house. We are getting what we deserve - chaos.

I'm interested to see where this goes from here. In my opinion, the individual market is not going to survive in the current environment until 2014.

It'll get worse from here. The old blocks of business will be closed off and as that block ages the rate increases will be substantial.

Case in point are plans like Right Start. Not that I was ever a fan, but plans like that depend on freshly underwritten business. Now that it's been pulled, clients have around 18 months until they cry "uncle."

GA introduced Right Start maybe 5 yrs ago. For the right folks it was a good fit. Wrote quite a bit of it. All went away by the first renewal. They finally pulled the plan when they came out with Tonik.

I'm interested to see where this goes from here. In my opinion, the individual market is not going to survive in the current environment until 2014.

It'll get worse from here. The old blocks of business will be closed off and as that block ages the rate increases will be substantial. quote]

I agree with you.
Going forward the individual market could be just for upper middle class.

After Jan 1st every agent is going to know if the individual revenue stream is going to be there.

We still have to worry about the MLR.

FYI- This may be old news but Humana disclosed to me that they are still going to decline kids on the 23rd no matter what the law says.

According to them the law reads that you can't put a pre-existing clause on a child but says nothing about denying a child if the rate-up is to high.

What a cluster**ck.

Evan

Back