Choice of cluster

sebastya

scratch P&C agency in California.

I've been scouring the forums for a while now researching every possible cluster out there.

The consensus seems to be that SmartChoice and SIAA is to be avoided, while PGI, Renaissance and Agentco are the most popular.

While I know the standard response here is "do your own research", I can't seem to draw any discernible difference between the three.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of a solid comparison?

Thanks!
- sebastian

I've been scouring the forums for a while now researching every possible cluster out there.

The consensus seems to be that SmartChoice and SIAA is to be avoided, while PGI, Renaissance and Agentco are the most popular.

While I know the standard response here is "do your own research", I can't seem to draw any discernible difference between the three.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of a solid comparison?

Thanks!
- sebastian

SIAA should only be avoided if:

-You can already get access to the carriers you need

-The master agency in your area is bad

-You don't have upfront $

-Your plan is to sell rather than keep your agency long term.

you are a scratch P/C agency starting now? in California? 2023 right?

Get contracted with FAIR. Sell FAIR, Be happy with FAIR.

Forget about all those other appointments on the Personal Lines Side, for now. [Well you will need a DIC vendor and Pers Umbrella] The question you should be asking is what Surplus lines broker to go with.

Commercial, ask Superman @Markthebroker

you are a scratch P/C agency starting now? in California? 2023 right?

Get contracted with FAIR. Sell FAIR, Be happy with FAIR.

Forget about all those other appointments on the Personal Lines Side, for now. [Well you will need a DIC vendor and Pers Umbrella] The question you should be asking is what Surplus lines broker to go with.

Commercial, ask Superman @Markthebroker

MarinIndependent kind of nailed it! Premier is great! But this is not the time to be making a move. "The Hardest market in a Generation" (The fact that you are in CA exacerbates that) Stay put until things soften up a bit. Hard to hear, but is truth.

Back