Christian Ministry for seniors plan

New client ... set her up with a pdp so she can remain compliant but holding off on a med. supp for the time being ...
We let her know that her Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment is up to 6 mos. from her part B effective date.
Anybody deal with these people ...? Is there u/w at any point with them?
She's paying $117 a month for this thing. in terms of coverage and network ... How does this compare to a plan G? All i know is that it is a zero deductible ... any limitations / exclusions?
Let er rip boys (and girls or any of the other 55 genders I guess we're at currently ...)

Last edited:
New client ... set her up with a pdp so she can remain compliant but holding off on a med. supp for the time being ...
We let her know that her Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment is up to 6 mos. from her part B effective date.
Anybody deal with these people ...? Is there u/w at any point with them?
She's paying $117 a month for this thing. in terms of coverage and network ... How does this compare to a plan G? All i know is that it is a zero deductible ... any limitations / exclusions?
Let er rip boys (and girls and any of the other 55 genders I guess we're at currently ...)

Not health insurance doesnt qualify as health insurance and will 100% need to be underwritten if she ever wants a supp post OE.

Not health insurance doesnt qualify as health insurance and will 100% need to be underwritten if she ever wants a supp post OE.
Not considered credible coverage?
I run into that crap every once in a while. Artificially god flavored non-insurance product. Kind of like that weird not ice cream at the grocery store.
Great analogy... but can we flesh this out a bit ..? exclusions / limitations? compared to a plan G? I'm looking into whether she intends to have a plan B at age 65 ... I know with a pdp only part A OR B is necessary ... she has part A because she took her SS earlier ... maybe she thinks she can dodge paying for her part B ... if she doesn't and the GodPlan isn't "credible" I think she would be incuring a part B penalty ..? **** She will have part B at 65. Auto enrolled.

Last edited:

Great analogy... but can we flesh this out a bit ..? exclusions / limitations? compared to a plan G? I'm looking into whether she intends to have a plan B at age 65 ... I know with a pdp only part A OR B is necessary ... she has part A because she took her SS earlier ... maybe she thinks she can dodge paying for her part B ... if she doesn't and the GodPlan isn't "credible" I think she would be incuring a part B penalty ..?

Not creditable and not credible either. They can choose what they pay out on and what they cover. A big old waste of money imo.

Great analogy... but can we flesh this out a bit ..? exclusions / limitations? compared to a plan G? I'm looking into whether she intends to have a plan B at age 65 ... I know with a pdp only part A OR B is necessary ... she has part A because she took her SS earlier ... maybe she thinks she can dodge paying for her part B ... if she doesn't and the GodPlan isn't "credible" I think she would be incuring a part B penalty ..?
Not to get to far in the weeds and answer the question:

You can treat the GodPlan like it doesn't exist.

If she doesn't take Part B, she will expose her self to the same penalties and risks that anyone without creditable coverage does.

If the question is about the specific GodPlan, it depends. From what I have read on their websites, they do not cover pre existing conditions, they do not coordinate with actual insurance and they may or may not pay out depending on how the spirit moves them and how generous the dopes filling their coffers are.

I’m pretty sure she has to take part B. I don’t think they’ll offer her the same plan once she’s 65. Medicare is primary and their plan is secondary. Claim coverage isn’t guaranteed and they are foolish if they get that coverage instead of a Medigap plan.

A couple of months ago I had my first phone call with a lady who was adamant about choosing that coverage over a Medigap. I told her why I don’t recommend it and left it at that. I took my notes to CYA, and moved on to the next one.

Creditable coverage is not a thing for non group plans that I know of. When you’re new to medicare you hace 6 months to get a medigap without underwriting unless you are leaving employer group coverage, or a few other GI situations.
Having other coverage doesn’t get you GI.

Not creditable and not credible either. They can choose what they pay out on and what they cover. A big old waste of money imo.
Again with the Nazi spell check ... I'm on a high protein low fat (it's work'n but it's a bit head rushy) and who gives a "flip" anyways ... look, if I follow this, there are 2 points of concern ... what is excluded or limited compared to say a plan G with it's 240 dollar deductible ... (she's had cataract and hip surgery under it) her VaticanSpecial has a zero deductible so if things got REAL expensive what would not be paid for? And I think we established the U/W requirement 6 mos. after age 65. one last thing ... anybody have a benefit schedule on one of these holy rollers ..?

Last edited:
There seem to be some sharing plans for under 65 that work OK, and others that, say, delay reimbursements for months, deny bills, etc. Like short term medical which has a long list of not covered that I don't have time to worry about so don't sell it, if the person can't see the difference, will maybe qualify for a Medicaid spend down if they have a big expense. We hate to burst the bubble, but showing some sympathy may help in the convincing and if not, well PT Barnum.....
Of course, signing up for Part B late will have a lifetime penalty, but if she signs up late, during the special open enrollment for Part B, in January 2025 which will then start 2/1/25, and it's less than 12 months from T65, then she, according to the rules, won't have a lifetime late enrollment penalty.
more info from medicare.gov here: [EXTERNAL LINK] - Avoid late enrollment penalties

I run into that crap every once in a while. Artificially god flavored non-insurance product. Kind of like that weird not ice cream at the grocery store.
I don't get why you are so critical of this type of coverage? BTW, I am not part of any Christian program, I have always had insurance. But there are over 1 million people who have opted for this type of coverage. Granted, it is not for everyone but that is their choice and if it goes sideways, it is their responsibility for choosing it.

Latest posts

Back