Cica’s new chargeback rules

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
They mention advances . Are these chargebacks for as earned also? if so this changes a lot especially with direct express cards .

can you guys expound?

I am just getting contracted not sure what I am getting into sounds ominous

Cica similiar to prosperity life had but worse . Example you write a client . He pays 2 drafts and doesn’t pay the 3rd draft you get full charge back of all 3 months . 2nd scenario he pays 4 months you only get chargeback for months 5 and 6. I’m thinking this is for advanced commissions . The letter is written poorly so I’m not sure if it’s for both as earned and advance or just advance . But cica’s drafting is not good and if you take direct express or other credit cards it’s a danger . I had this with Grange life in 2014-15. They charged back a crazy full 12 months if it didn’t hit the 13th month . It said it starts Aug 22nd. I think Jd was referring to Sbliusa( prosperity life). They had 3 month chargeback

Cica similiar to prosperity life had but worse . Example you write a client . He pays 2 drafts and doesn’t pay the 3rd draft you get full charge back of all 3 months . 2nd scenario he pays 4 months you only get chargeback for months 5 and 6. I’m thinking this is for advanced commissions . The letter is written poorly so I’m not sure if it’s for both as earned and advance or just advance . But cica’s drafting is not good and if you take direct express or other credit cards it’s a danger . I had this with Grange life in 2014-15. They charged back a crazy full 12 months if it didn’t hit the 13th month . It said it starts Aug 22nd. I think Jd was referring to Sbliusa( prosperity life). They had 3 month chargeback

SBLI and Prosperity charge back 100% if the customer doesn't pay 4 months. That's exactly what this is.

I don't know if this affects as earned. It appears it does. But it's not clear.

Also, currently CICA does not charge back earned commissions for deaths. Even if rescinded. I suspect that is going to change too.

SBLI and Prosperity charge back 100% if the customer doesn't pay 4 months. That's exactly what this is.

Also, currently CICA does not charge back earned commissions for deaths. Even if rescinded. I suspect that is going to change too.
I got a charge back of 2 months on a cica as earned direct express death claim 2 months ago . Guy paid 2 premiums . 4 months later in May I got a chargeback. I’ll have to call and check why they charged back .

I would suspect if they charge back 100% that would not change for as earned or advance

I am supposed to be as earned, though it shows I am 6 month advance but I am told you get approved first and they submit request after and its in process

But there are several reasons I want to be as earned it fits my buis model best at this time

But cica’s drafting is not good and if you take direct express or other credit cards it’s a danger

what does this mean drafting is not good? seems simple to me, do they draft more then premium or change amounts or something

How could drafting be not good

Back