Classified Ads

mmike160

Guru
100+ Post Club
PA
Have any of you used classified ads as a low cost form of marketing? There is a local publishing company that puts out 24 different 'penny pincher style' newspapers and their circulation is around 1M homes per week. For around $300 per month, I can list a classified ad in all their papers.

I did this when i was writing mortgages and got a ton of calls and closed a couple of deals out of it.

I was thinking to placing the ad in the "services section". Maybe something like this:

Looking for Affordable Health Insurance?
I represent the top carriers in PA.
Call Mike Martin @ xxx-xxx-xxxx

Any thoughts? :idea:

Have you seen other similar ads in their publications? If so, and they are running consistently, then it probably works. If you decide to give it a try be prepared to keep them running for a long time. I think persistence is important in any type of print ad.

Has any one tried classified or other ads directed at college students? My experience is that their parents are usually the decision makers but the parents may be harder to reach directly in a cost-effective way.

Have any of you used classified ads as a low cost form of marketing? There is a local publishing company that puts out 24 different 'penny pincher style' newspapers and their circulation is around 1M homes per week. For around $300 per month, I can list a classified ad in all their papers.

I did this when i was writing mortgages and got a ton of calls and closed a couple of deals out of it.

I was thinking to placing the ad in the "services section". Maybe something like this:

Try:

FREE REPORT: 5 Ways to Save Big Money On Health Insurance. Mike MArtin at Affordable Health Plans XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thanks for all your input. I am going to run a couple variations, in a several papers and see whats working. I will post my results.

Mike

It's has been consistently ineffective. I've seen numerous campaigns like that for at least the last 23 years since I've seen the first one. No one seems to repeat the ad. I haven't seen any in years.

The 5 Ways to save absolutely works, but it works when done consistently. I get a lot of this:

Joe: "I tried the 5 ways and I didn't work."

Me: "How many faxes did you send?"

Joe: "I dunno - 20 or so."

Me: "Wow...a whole 20?"

Back