clients & fillable forms & inability to use

ShannonO

Expert
This is a serious question even though my mood and language today are quite snarky....what do all of you tell clients who use some off the wall PDF reader software that will not let them use their device to fill a fillable form (or more likely some free app on their phone that doesn't have fillable capability)? I'm tired of either taking the time or paying to have all of my applications set up as fillable for client convenience (and ultimately mine) if the carrier doesn't send them to me that way, and then have clients who can't fill them and want me to go through to convert it to a fill & sign document (easy until it has 50 questions and a bunch of check boxes that don't all get recognized on the scan) all for their individual convenience (because they must think I sit around and do nothing all day waiting for them to have a problem filling out a form for a quote). I want to tell them that if they can't bother to use reliable software to find a printer and use the good old fashioned pencil or pen or to find another agent who has the time to hold their hand through their technology weaknesses. But that goes beyond the snarkiness I want to portray. Hoping someone else has some better language I can plagiarize.

In the old days, we FedEx'd completed applications with flagged "sign here" sections for the client to complete and FedEx it back with a prepaid label and envelope.

I value submitting business IGO more. And if the case and the client are worth it, I'll adapt in the simplest and easiest way.

304599.JPG

In the old days, we FedEx'd completed applications with flagged "sign here" sections for the client to complete and FedEx it back with a prepaid label and envelope.

I have come to miss those good old days - clients still had lapses in filling stuff out but they were much more likely to pay attention because they actually had to handle it :) And they were more likely to get it to you early instead of 2 minutes before the deadline because they can with the click of the "send" button...

I want to tell them that if they can't bother to use reliable software to find a printer

It's not my fault (as an insurance buyer) modern software writers won't incorporate compatibility with reliable tools like:

Windows 98
Windows XP
Adobe Acrobat 5
LJ1000
LJ1200

:D

Make sure to tell your clients that autofill from a cellphone will not work for many (if not most) applications because the form counts spaces and the autofill might have 2 spaces between the first and last name or a space before the first name. If they enter information from a computer keyboard, many of your issues will go away

Back