Closing the Sale... "I Need to Think About It"

I believe you. But you don't seem to think that you have 2 offices and don't work more than 20 miles from either has anything to do with your different experience than the agent going up and down the road and making their living from FE.

No one that I've sold this week knows anything about my offices. They do know that I'm local because I make an issue of that.

But as soon as I stepped in my office this afternoon my wife did plunk me right down in front of a lady who has a $25,000 UL policy that I'm going to review next week. So membership does have its privileges.

No one that I've sold this week knows anything about my offices. They do know that I'm local because I make an issue of that.

But as soon as I stepped in my office this afternoon my wife did plunk me right down in front of a lady who has a $25,000 UL policy that I'm going to review next week. So membership does have its privileges.

I know you believe you know what an FE agent does and that you do the same thing. So I'll just leave it at that.

The people have to have a policy before they can cancel it. I don't think the "free look" close is as dire as it is being perceived in this thread.

Travis

I will partially agree, but I believe the "free look" should be used as a last resort. I used it quite frequently early in my career and found myself using it less frequently as my sales technique and closing skills improved.

I must not be doing something in my presentation that you guys do because I still get it. I sold six yesterday and got that on three.

I sold all three "think about it" appointments yesterday.

I handled each one exactly the same.

1. I acknowledged they said it. (People get irritated if they think you are not listening to them. )

2. I assured them that it's completely their decision. "I understand Mrs. Smith. I want you to be completely comfortable with your decision. "

3. Then I explain the process again: What I recommend we do is fill out your application today. I fax it to the company and it will take about a week for them to review your medical records and make a decision to approve you or not. Once you are approved you can still decide that you don't want the coverage if that's your decision but if you want it, you don't need to do anything. Your bank will send them their premium on the day that you choose and your coverage will be in force. You will receive your policy right after that but you are fully covered even before you have your policy in hand once your first premium has been drafted.

On all three they replied with OK, we can do that.

I've always done them this way and once they do the app they are solid. Some won't close and dig in to the "sleep on it" thing but I figure if I closed them harder they would just be the ones to fall off. My persistency is generally very good and I'm sure that's because I'm a soft closer.

That's how I was trained & the manager who taught me has been in the business for years and was awarded last year for his persistency rate by my former IMO. It works.

Call em' out on it. I've said "I hear that several times a week and it's folks just to nice to say no." Challenge them a bit further but it's probably over.

Back