CMS Proposal to End Multilevel FMO Marketing

Should CMS end the FMO contracting level for agents selling MA and PDP’s?

• Yes

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
These figures are wrong! First off, you can't say they make money with the marketing money that they dole out to the agents. It's insane that they think the FMO makes $700 per sale and even more insane to say they make $1300 on a true up.

Todd that’s from cms . We’re talking top tier Fmo’s direct to carrier . Your 4-5 levels off and as far as I can recall you don’t sell much if any mapd . 2 nd level fmo makes $250 fyc and $150 on renewals . He also gets $200-$300 of marketing and “ soft money “

More of those MAPD changes I mentioned a few threads ago...more to come...

BTW, for those who say Med Supps pay more than MAPD, you must never receive any marketing dollars from your FMO. And if you're not doing enough production to get marketing dollars, are ya really in a position to...ah never mind.

All I know is, that no one ever cut me a 6 figure check just "because" for selling Med Supps.

We pulled around 6 figures of marketing money this year. I wish would have hit it harder in previous years but at least got one good year!

I just read about 8 articles on the proposed new comp . It’s game over for Fmo’s . The maximum comp for 2025 would be $632 total . No marketing or administrative ( key word for overrides and marketing $’s ) allowed between the carriers and fmo middlemen . The question is will carriers cut agent comp to give Fmo’s some override ? I knew the gold rush of agents rushing in the business would end badly . Everything cms proposes becomes law .Integrity made a huge blunder buying all these fmo ‘s . Individual agents should be ok . Call centers history .

I just read about 8 articles on the proposed new comp . It’s game over for Fmo’s . The maximum comp for 2025 would be $632 total . No marketing or administrative ( key word for overrides and marketing $’s ) allowed between the carriers and fmo middlemen . The question is will carriers cut agent comp to give Fmo’s some override ? I knew the gold rush of agents rushing in the business would end badly . Everything cms proposes becomes law .Integrity made a huge blunder buying all these fmo ‘s . Individual agents should be ok . Call centers history .
Call centers will still be a callin'.

Take away all the front end and back end overrides , little to no marketing money and 60% persistency max . Hard to see how they turn a profit
I personally know of two very large call centers with over 82% persistency. Their systems would blow your mind.

Like I consistently say on here, there's a whole 'nother world of Medicare sales out there that most people on here don't know about. Case in point, your "60% max".

I personally know of two very large call centers with over 82% persistency. Their systems would blow your mind.

Like I consistently say on here, there's a whole 'nother world of Medicare sales out there that most people on here don't know about. Case in point, your "60% max".

They must be dealing with non lis/dual and med sups.I’ve personally replaced at least 100 call center plans the last 4 weeks . Any low income is a disaster with telesales using leads .Some of the biggest Fmo’s have given me the 60% figure

Back