CMS Softens Medicare Advantage Funding Changes

DC will continue to look for ways to cut spending on Medicare and other programs.

In addition to eliminating waste, fraud and abuse, expect them to do the two things they always do when it comes to govt programs.

Pay providers less.

Shift costs to beneficiaries.

It's coming no matter how hard you try to wish it away.

In regards to shifting costs:

One area to watch is home health. Right now Medicare pays 100%, but there is talk about having co-pays for it.

Home health and labs services paid 100% by medicare is where most of the Medicare fraud occurs(OPM). These are the people that hire bird dogs to drive around Miami to pick up seniors to bring to the lab and run their claim numbers.The lazy fraudsters don't bother pretending they provided service and just file claims for HH and labs.

I am glad to see there is also talk of going after the fraudsters who push the motorized scooters to get them approved for fat, lazy Walmart shoppers instead of going by the medical guidelines that was intended by CMS for motorized scooters.

Oh yeah....that sweet spot....the Scooter/power wheelchair. Every Medicaid dual and Medicare eligible wants one of these instead of losing weight and perhaps exercising those bones to strengthen themselves.

Had a revelation about that one last year when during my mapd presentation along comes a scooter sales person to finalize some paper work for one. When he found out I was with an mapd (uhc) plan, he urged them to not to enroll because it would jeopardize the woman's eligibility. I didn't know what he was talking about, but he convinced them to delay until they got the chair.

Later I found out that medicare will approve first, ask questions later. The ma plans, OTOH, investigate first before they give authorization. Thanks for the article.

Wow, this totally changes my marketing plan!

Now let’s see… Bailouts, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, print money, Evil Doers, [FONT=&quot]Axis of Evil [/FONT][FONT=&quot](my favorite[/FONT][FONT=&quot]), and[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Medicare Advantage was[/FONT] initiated as a way to privatize Medicare.

[FONT=&quot]The more things change the more they stay the same. President George[/FONT] W. [FONT=&quot]Bush’s legacy lives on![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All you Bush haters need to get a new life!!! :D:D:D[/FONT]

Back