Cold Call List Data Vendors/Brokers - Experian vs. List Shack vs. Other?

Hey guys,

My question is that when it comes to cold call list data, what is the difference between using a company like Sales Data Pro, List Shack Pro, Experian, Info USA, etc...?

List Shack and Sales Data Pro are $50/mo for "unlimited" records, or at least enough for one person to manage and cold call in a month.

Going through a credit vendor such as Experian, or another data vendor like Info USA is around $500 for 10,000 records, and sometimes more -- give or take.

So what's the big difference? I'm sure there's a disparity in quality, but is it worth the markup?

What have you found to be the best source of data for building a cold call list?

Hey guys,

My question is that when it comes to cold call list data, what is the difference between using a company like Sales Data Pro, List Shack Pro, Experian, Info USA, etc...?

List Shack and Sales Data Pro are $50/mo for "unlimited" records, or at least enough for one person to manage and cold call in a month.

Going through a credit vendor such as Experian, or another data vendor like Info USA is around $500 for 10,000 records, and sometimes more -- give or take.

So what's the big difference? I'm sure there's a disparity in quality, but is it worth the markup?

What have you found to be the best source of data for building a cold call list?

Filters?

Josh will claim there is little difference in quality. So filters is the main difference. The others allow you to discriminate against more data points.

I cant pay $500-1000 for 50 names so I dont.

Hey guys,

ListShack. Josh is a good dude and you can't beat the customer service. :yes:

ListShack. Josh is a good dude and you can't beat the customer service. :yes:
Thanks for the input!
I've both spoken to Josh and read his posts here. List shack is likely to be where I place my order.
I guess my main question is what's so different that Experian charges 1000% more. Of course there are more filters, but outside of that and the list being more up to date I can't imagine it's worth the cost. I have heard people preach using the credit bureau instead of a list broker, but unless any one else has anything to add I'll start with list shack and see how it goes

Thanks for the input!
I've both spoken to Josh and read his posts here. List shack is likely to be where I place my order.
I guess my main question is what's so different that Experian charges 1000% more. Of course there are more filters, but outside of that and the list being more up to date I can't imagine it's worth the cost. I have heard people preach using the credit bureau instead of a list broker, but unless any one else has anything to add I'll start with list shack and see how it goes
Might be a little bit more accurate, but is possibly 5% more accuracy worth the additional cost? I don't think so. :no:

Thanks for the input!

Unlimited lists are not only overkill but not very accurate.

Rick

Credit bureau data will always be the most accurate. Monthly subscription data is great for a dialer. One thing you might want to consider is pull the records that have no phones and go append phone records. Cost you about 10 cents a piece. Won’t be called as much as a list sold by a broker.

I think if you cold call businesses, the accuracy of the data might be worth some added expense. If you are doing direct mail campaigns that are specific to the property and owner, the accuracy of the data might be important (due to the cost of the mailings).

If you are cold calling residential, the difference between 85% accurate data and 95% accurate data is not that relevant, especially on a dialer. The goal is to talk to someone. I've had some good conversations on wrong numbers.

Dan

My experience w many providers has been HOT and COLD given different cities, area codes, counties, etc...

If you are calling one area should be easy to try them all and see what works best.

If you are doing anything scaled you will probably need a better list provider than the discount bunch. I've started self developing lists w a far better results than paid lists-- but its grueling work.

Might be a little bit more accurate, but is possibly 5% more accuracy worth the additional cost? I don't think so. :no:

I call in dozens of counties across various states. The quality of data will vary enormously almost zip code to zip code. Think 1 lead/20 minutes vs 1 lead/150 minutes type different.

My end solution will be to start creating my own lists.

Back