Cold Calling Without a Name

I like it lugger..simple and to the point. Some times it's hard to pitch the person that answers as they are not the person "responsible" for X service, are the gatekeeper or often times a business will have a contact that is no longer there as lugger pointed out or someone that has nothing to do with X service. Definitely can't follow a plan and have to think on the fly... love it!

How do you get past the gatekeeper when phone calling businesses if you don't have the owners name?

Too many businesses out there without gatekeepers. Let some other moron work the gatekeepers and call on businesses that you know you can get to the decision maker.

Simple. :) most lists have names, even if they are older contacts.

*Lady answers phone*
"thank you for calling audio solutions, this is jessie speaking, how may I direct your call"

*you respond*
Hey Jessie, it's Benjamin Conley (as if she SHOULD know who you are) is John around? Actually, first just put me through to accounting (or whatever department you are looking for) I will talk to John later."

So what would be your opening line if you were cold calling businesses for insurance??...you pick the type of insurance, I just want to see what your approach is..

Where in the hell is the dislike button?

I'll reiterate my thought; there are PLENTY of ways to get someone's attention - legitimately. Only those weak in ability have to resort to trickery to get the job done!

Back