Cold Calls > Buying Leads - I'm Convinced

Personal lines P&C

If you succeeding at what you are doing don't change anything. If you are getting people interested in your pitch you have a captive audience. If you buy an online lead it is being sold to 7 other agents or that person has filled out more than one form.

Good luck with that. By the time you create 10 leads I have 10 people quoted. My folks will be in underwriting while you'll be wondering why they never answer again. You ain't the only telemarketer calling them. Been there done that.

Do you mind sharing some websites where you buy your exclusive leads? I have not yet purchased internet leads, and I know there's a billion out there. Just curious which site you might have had the best luck with. Thanks.

Good luck with that. By the time you create 10 leads I have 10 people quoted. My folks will be in underwriting while you'll be wondering why they never answer again. You ain't the only telemarketer calling them. Been there done that.

Being that they are cold. Yes I will be the only person calling them.

I need a fact checker
I'd be quite suspicious of anyone who said they were making more than 200k a year on a dialer (maybe with several telemarketers and a good system), but I've known quiet a few normal agents who crush 200k a year on steady mail. It requires more skin but you're buying your time back.

I'd be quite suspicious of anyone who said they were making more than 200k a year on a dialer (maybe with several telemarketers and a good system), but I've known quiet a few normal agents who crush 200k a year on steady mail. It requires more skin but you're buying your time back.
It doesn't take that much time to generate leads via cold calling then you think. Most agents out there that use DM order about 20 leads per week.

Someone who barely speaks English can average 3-5 leads an hour via cold calling. So in just 10 hours of cold calling a week, that's 30-50 leads. More than the average agent works + their free. & self generated leads are always better than non self generated because you have 100% control.

I teach agents to do this. We use a straightforward script that's basically like, "hi this is Mike, I'm selling Life insurance. Are you interested?" Imagine having 30-50 people that say yes to that script per week... at that point as long as you actually work the leads I don't see how anyone couldn't make $200k a year!

Someone who barely speaks English can average 3-5 leads an hour via cold calling. So in just 10 hours of cold calling a week, that's 30-50 leads. More than the average agent works + their free. & self generated leads are always better than non self generated because you have 100% control.

I thought the average for native English speakers was about 1 an hour, and overseas telemarketers were good for 1-2 a day with sub-stellar English... I'm not sure if you're just making a point or a really big claim.

I teach agents to do this. We use a straightforward script that's basically like, "hi this is Mike, I'm selling Life insurance. Are you interested?" Imagine having 30-50 people that say yes to that script per week...

I really like that approach. I'd be interested in talking to you more if you're looking for licensed agents with phone experience.

Latest posts

Back