Collection Notice from NetQuotes

ijerome

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone have a collection notice from them. They screwed up my trial and I refused to pay. Extremely bad experience. I am not concerned about my credit rating as I don't buy on credit and my cars and house are paid for. Is there any recourse to lead companies who l,c,s,. Amount is only $400,
but I:1baffled: hate to be manhandled.

Thanks, anyone want some old leads $1.00 ea. ,no guarantees.

How does one accidently rack up a $400 bill with Netquote? I had to put up a credit card and kept an account funded. Sounds like Netquote screwed up extending credit. ;)

Anyone have a collection notice from them. They screwed up my trial and I refused to pay. Extremely bad experience. I am not concerned about my credit rating as I don't buy on credit and my cars and house are paid for. Is there any recourse to lead companies who l,c,s,. Amount is only $400,
but I:1baffled: hate to be manhandled.

Thanks, anyone want some old leads $1.00 ea. ,no guarantees.

So the leads were bad but you want someone else to pay you for them... hmmmm, let me get back to you on that one.

Any recourse to lead companies...? Maybe, depends on what your contract says... usually they make it difficult on you to pursue and prevail against them legally. It doesn't sound like you have much of a beef with them as claiming stupidity is not a credible defense in any of the 50 states that I am aware of...

What I can speak more directly on is what RECOURSE they could have against you... sure, you aren't worried about it, but depending upon which state you are in they could foreclosure upon your paid off house with that certified judgment that they will obtain for the $ 400 lead bill, plus Atty fees and costs to pursue the CJ. OR, they could garnishee any account that you have at any bank... and you will pay for their efforts and costs to do so... In other words, IF you really do have anything, they will get the CJ paid for... and it will cost you a hell of a lot more $$$ than the 400 bucks...

Of course there is no limit or restriction on stupidity, so have at it...

BTW, where are those hot leads...? Which state...? And what was so terrible about them...?

old? yes. stupid? yes. stubborn? yes. Guilty. Thought that with all the so-called-lying by lead company reps I am not the only one harmed and others might have had experience in collection efforts. I will negotiate and settle.

Thanks to all for advise.:idea:

All of us have been burned by lead vendors, but we chalk it up to experience and move on.

It happens.

Back