College Funding Planning Services

rphillips

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Someone at church this morning asked me for some resource on scholarships and college funding in general.

In years past I've investigated NACFA and Circle of Neighbors.

Are they legit? Or can you recommend another such service?

Thanks in advance...

Mr Bill, you seem fairly knowledgeable about the playing field so I'd like to ask your thoughts on Collegiate Advisors. You or anyone you know ever work with them? Trying to determine if the service provided is a good value for what they charge.

All of these services tend to be sketchy in my opinion. They take a great concept and tend to ruin it.

You'll be just find learning college planning on your own and providing the service as an agent.

You can also find information on college planning at the Insurance Pro Blog.

Mr Bill, you seem fairly knowledgeable about the playing field so I'd like to ask your thoughts on Collegiate Advisors. You or anyone you know ever work with them? Trying to determine if the service provided is a good value for what they charge.

Names/weblink? Don't really know who you're referring to.

Geez, there are so many!

Nope, never heard of them.

What I will say is that there are mortgage people who "figured out" that parents can pay for college by taking out new loans/refinancing and many of them are creating separate entities X College Planners, stuff like that.

agents can move parents non qualified assetts, including home equity, into annuities or life ins. to make thema exempt assett when trying to qualify for college grants and loans or aid packages. it lowers the EFC on the FAFSA report which qualifies the student for more aid
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CPR deceptively sells a program to agents to get into high schools and do free seminars .you wont get in the schools to do it! its a scam to agents!!!!! stay clear of (college planning relief.com)

Last edited:
sgs said:
agents can move parents non qualified assetts, including home equity, into annuities or life ins. to make thema exempt assett when trying to qualify for college grants and loans or aid packages. it lowers the EFC on the FAFSA report which qualifies the student for more aid

Maybe I misunderstood but where is home equity reportable on a FAFSA form?

Back