Colonial VS Aflac

I disagree with your analysis....your not taking in to account the loss ratio as well as the when compairing policies you must compair apples to apples. If you can't get your claim paid (colonial) it doesn't matter what the they tell you on paper... MANY clients of mine employers and employees alike have told me horror stories of claims not being paid by colonial. Needless to say they are now happy aflac clients!!!!

Last edited:
I disagree with your analysis....your not taking in to account the loss ratio as well as the when compairing policies you must compair apples to apples. If you can't get your claim paid (colonial) it doesn't matter what the they tell you on paper... MANY clients of mine employers and employees alike have told me horror stories of claims not being paid by colonial. Needless to say they are now happy aflac clients!!!!

In 4 years, I've never had an issue getting a Colonial or Aflac claim paid.

And, on the flip side, as long as Aflac reps keep screwing up the billing and other administrative functions, I'll be able to keep replacing Aflac with Colonial.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In 4 years, I've never had an issue getting a Colonial or Aflac claim paid.

And, on the flip side, as long as Aflac reps keep screwing up the billing and other administrative functions, I'll be able to keep replacing Aflac with Colonial.

Last edited:
Colonial only goes back 2 1/2 years to pay a claim. As long as the coverage was in force at time of claim, Aflac will pay the claim. Aflac pays more claims in one day, then Colonial has in total Assets. As far as the "customer service expansion" statement goes...you need to get your information straight. Aflac openned a second customer service center in Omaha Nebraska, in 2004.

Aflac is the number 1 Guaranteed Renewable Health Insurance Carrier. The next 10 carriers are still a long second.

Why? Because Aflac does it right. This is why Colonial and Allstate try to recruit Aflac Agents. Every year all they say is... Aflac does this, how can we beat Aflac...they want to be Just like Aflac.

That in itself, says it all. I know, becuase I was there. No one does it better than Aflac. No One!!

Colonial only goes back 2 1/2 years to pay a claim. As long as the coverage was in force at time of claim, Aflac will pay the claim. Aflac pays more claims in one day, then Colonial has in total Assets. As far as the "customer service expansion" statement goes...you need to get your information straight. Aflac openned a second customer service center in Omaha Nebraska, in 2004.

Really? According to Unum, which Colonial is a part of, they have 54 billion in assets. So If we limit ourselves to work days, Aflac pays out claims of 14.04 trillion a year? I smell something, and it sure isn't daisies.

I really think the cheaper these supplemental policies are the higher enrollment you will get and higher retention.

Your enrollment rates and retention have far more to do with the working conditions you negotiate with the employer, the agent's ability to gain the confidence of employees, a consistent presence in the account by the agent, and a high level of service.

I started my career with Aflac.
I still work in the business market but I sub out my supplemental to a colonial girl that does a great job for me.

They beat Aflac on most everything, especially price. The only thing of theirs that I consider high is their STD and the CI plan that includes cancer.

From a service standpoint, they beat Aflac again. I had tons of admin problems with aflac, from billing to them not cancelling policies... all kinds of crazy stuff.

But I will say that I have seen both companies pay claims on a timely and fair basis.

Aflac is the number 1 Guaranteed Renewable Health Insurance Carrier. The next 10 carriers are still a long second.

Why? Because Aflac does it right. This is why Colonial and Allstate try to recruit Aflac Agents. Every year all they say is... Aflac does this, how can we beat Aflac...they want to be Just like Aflac.

That in itself, says it all. I know, becuase I was there. No one does it better than Aflac. No One!!
I like your enthusiasm but that is extremely unfactual and untrue. Aflac is not a good company, they are a terrible company that just lost another 20% last year. The hiring frenzies and turning and burning works for a little while and then it comes crashing down due to over-saturation, lack of expertise, and lack of commitment to the agents.

Ask everyone here how many good Aflac agents they have worked with...

anyone know where i can get a GTL and a Colonial contract for myself and some agents? What is a good commission with them?

Back