Colonial VS Aflac

Discussion in 'Employee Benefits Forum' started by ABC, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Winston

Winston New Member

State:

I don't care for either. I find that Boston Mutual has a great accident plan and puts both to shame. For life insurance I like Transamerica. Now if you need enrollers to do these I can understand going w/ the duck or Colonial but if you have your own enrollment team look into Boston Mutual and Transamerica.

2. Jojo14

Jojo14 New Member

I've actually heard many times the complete opposite. Colonials claims rating is ranked at 95%. When you compare an apples to applies colonial .will be 28 to 35% cheaper with higher paying benefits.

3. Surancedawg

Surancedawg Well-Known Member

State:

Ah, AFLAC. My first gig in the insurance biz. Wrote some individual biz in the six months I was there, which my manager didn't care for because she thought I should be totally focused on landing group accounts. Just like the 10 thousand other agents in our office.

We would crowd into the Regional Coordinator's office every Friday afternoon for a pep rally, reminding us of the FORTUNE we could all make if we just put in the shoe leather. Sneaked a look at the Top Producing Agent in the Region's computer right after Christmas and saw that she had grossed 40K in commissions for the year. Meaning her net after expenses was probably less than 30K. And she was the STAR in the office.

The whole state organization got termed by AFLAC 6 months after I left. :D

4. rousemark

rousemark Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Se what you caused by leaving?

5. ArinMD

ArinMD Member

I decided to join Aflac today after meeting with three different dsc from areas around the county. The interesting thing about these meetings were I turned the interviews on them and found it amazing. Yes I am a newbie to selling insurance but that's about the extent of it.

Some observations:
    1. Each is truly different in approach, recruiting promises, and work climate.
    2. The primary of focus of each is to get you a license and get you recruiting others as fast as you can.
    3. The one I chose had a much more holistic approach and does not push Aflac as the only way to make a living.

Moral of the story, IF you choose to go the aflac or colonial route my newbie advise is to poke around the other handful of aflac agencies and see the one that at the very least you can get some good training with and feel confortable with as they are not in the same.