So are you telling me when the state takes the company over the claims or paid out of the CO’s reserves ? Phoenix life was taken over by the state . Will claims be paid out of their reserves till a company buys them ? So in essence the state will entice someone to buy Phoenix even if they have to fire sale at a lose ? The state will simply make all the other insurance CO’s chip in with increased fee’s to pay for it ? The state is simply a facilitator

even then, I dont believe the SGA employees are employed as state employees, they are employed by the association or even the national association of Guaranty Associations
Probably so. But there really is no state guaranty associations standing by. They only go into action when it's needed. They are not a watchdog or trying to keep companies in the black.

Yup. Plus feds confiscating those funds likely are to cover the feds legal costs for the bribery case, not to fund the failed insurance company obligations
Yeah. Sounds like the feds want to keep that money for themselves and that money is probably from us policyholders.

Finally a tiny bit of movement in lindberg federal case of defrauding the insurance companies.

Upcoming events:

A status conference as to defendant Greg Lindberg is set for August 26, 2024 at 9:00 AM in Courtroom#5A, 401 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202 before District Judge Max O. Cogburn Jr. A docket call as to defendant Greg Lindberg is set for September 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM in Courtroom #5A, 401 W Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202 before District Judge Max O. Cogburn Jr.

No closer to us getting our $ back, but maybe progress of putting lindberg's butt back in prison.

When I got this CBL annuity it also required an insurance policy which the premiums are still being paid. I feel that I should cancel this policy but certainly don’t want to jeopardize any pay out of the annuity should that ever come. Any thoughts?

Back