We have been in direct contact with our State Guaranty Association for a long, long time. I recommend everyone else do the same.

Despite all the negativity/skepticism on this forum...there has been a lot of progress...
I believe we are moving forward in the right direction....!!

I'm not saying I haven't been negative and skeptical too....
Believe me.... the last 4 years have taken their toll on me...

So, if I understand this (which I most likely don't) it sounds like the NC Supreme court rejected the appeal from GBIG. Is that correct?

I do hope everyone is made whole. But I think we all recognize that the industry needs a real solution for things like this. None of us would find this acceptable if we were the person with our money tied up for years.

NC Supreme Court Petitions heard yesterday, 8/23/24:

94P24
Mike Causey, Commissioner of Insurance of North Carolina, Petitioner v. Southland National Insurance Corporation, Southland National Reinsurance Corporation, Bankers Life Insurance Company, Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company, North Carolina Domiciled Insurance Companies, Respondents

1. Intervenor’s (GBIG Holdings, LLC) PDR Under N.C.G.S. § 7A-31(COA23-725)
1. Dismissed as moot

2. Appellees’ Motion to Expedite Consideration of PDR
2. Dismissed as moot

3. Intervenor’s (GBIG Holdings, LLC) Motion to Withdraw PDR
3. Allowed
Can you explain what this means? Thanks

means Lindberg appeal denied, the appeal held no practical value, and the petition for review has been withdrawn

Last edited:
So something should happen on November 30, 2024 according to this:

The Order of Liquidation will become effective as of the first month-end occurring on or subsequent to ninety (90) days after the later of: (1) the entry of the Order; (2) a decision of the North Carolina Court of Appeals affirming the Order, if further review of that decision is not sought; (3) an order by the North Carolina Supreme Court denying discretionary review of the case; or (4) a decision of the North Carolina Supreme Court affirming the Order

NC Supreme Court Petitions heard yesterday, 8/23/24:

94P24
Mike Causey, Commissioner of Insurance of North Carolina, Petitioner v. Southland National Insurance Corporation, Southland National Reinsurance Corporation, Bankers Life Insurance Company, Colorado Bankers Life Insurance Company, North Carolina Domiciled Insurance Companies, Respondents

1. Intervenor’s (GBIG Holdings, LLC) PDR Under N.C.G.S. § 7A-31(COA23-725)
1. Dismissed as moot

2. Appellees’ Motion to Expedite Consideration of PDR
2. Dismissed as moot

3. Intervenor’s (GBIG Holdings, LLC) Motion to Withdraw PDR
3. Allowed
Why is it that we are not seeing any articles in the news related to this event?

Back