Commission payments for MAPD's

You'll get another commission for $407 after CMS accretes the deal. It's called the 'true-up'. Your initial should have been $37, though. 2 months of $18.50.

Ahh November deals are so so sweet. $445 in November and then $19 a month starting in January.

Ahh November deals are so so sweet. $445 in November and then $19 a month starting in January.
Ummm, nooooo....what are you referring to? New to Medicare with Dec.1 effective? You get the full deal, then renewals would start Dec. of 2018. Not Jan. 2018.

Ummm, nooooo....what are you referring to? New to Medicare with Dec.1 effective? You get the full deal, then renewals would start Dec. of 2018. Not Jan. 2018.

I'm pretty sure any MAPD business I write throughout the year starts renewals effective Jan 1 the following year. AKA if I write a plan for effective dates Jan 1, 2017-Dec 1, 2017, I get the initial commission the month of the effective date and then renewals Jan 1, 2018.

I'm pretty sure any MAPD business I write throughout the year starts renewals effective Jan 1 the following year. AKA if I write a plan for effective dates Jan 1, 2017-Dec 1, 2017, I get the initial commission the month of the effective date and then renewals Jan 1, 2018.
Not if they are giving you your true up. If you write April 1, 2017 and get your true up, you start getting your renewal April of 2018. Pretty sure that's how it works.

Yeah you’re not getting paid ~$450 at the end of the year and then getting the renewal immediately in a few months.

Correct.

Reactions: FRJ
Yeah you’re not getting paid ~$450 at the end of the year and then getting the renewal immediately in a few months.
Now, what would happen if that T65 member got the MAPD eff 11/01, and then enrolled in a diff plan during AEP for a 01/01 effective date? The member actually wants to do this because of network stuff with his doctor. I guess since he would be on the original plan less than 3 months, id get a chargeback?

Back