Commissionable PDP's

Yep, we went from making extra to $70.00/app less. But the FMO’s and companies are all happy now so that’s all that matters. I’ve always said I will never retire and just keep my license to collect renewals but shit like this makes me question that more and more every year.
Don’t forget the technology! So much expensive technology. Alllll the technology!

FMOs basically do it for the people, not for the money …

Caveat not an agent.

We will just have to disagree on that.

I asked a poster if his procedure was wise from an agent liability perspective.

You asked what liability he could have. I told you. You didn’t like my answer.

Compare valerosso’s procedure to what ronvand does. Under laws of agency and CMS concerns about MB’s having access to all plans, valerosso is putting himself way way out on a limb (imo).

For gods sake, please go get an insurance license so you can make these comments from a more informed point of view.

As for liability, it depends on the E&O policy language, other liability insurance carried by the agent, any disclosures or written releases, and whether the agent made what constitutes an actual enrollment recommendation in the first place.
I don’t have to have an insurance license to see, and ask, a general question based on laws of agency.

In this year’s environment of furor over parts C and D, I don’t think I need an insurance license to ask an insurance agent if he really thinks it is wise to send an MB direct to a carrier for a plan enrollment.

I can see that there may be an easier procedure for enrollment that way, but in the event the MB experiences problems using the plan and wants to complain to or about the agent, I think the agent is in a much more tenuous legal position because plan finder showed up nowhere in plan discussion or enrollment.

(imo. And I am not the one making a living selling these plans. Another agent asks a legitimate question, how does he do that plan finder process at the level of 500 clients?)

Caveat not an agent.

We will just have to disagree on that.

I asked a poster if his procedure was wise from an agent liability perspective.

You asked what liability he could have. I told you. You didn’t like my answer.

Compare valerosso’s procedure to what ronvand does. Under laws of agency and CMS concerns about MB’s having access to all plans, valerosso is putting himself way way out on a limb (imo).

Recommending a plan and telling an MB to self-enroll means I have absolutely no skin in the game.. I’m not AOR, MB can choose to enroll in a different plan, I am not “colluding” with an insurance carrier or anything else.

This is one of the most ridiculous things you have posted in here.

“Hey Client! Seems like WellCare will be the lowest cost option for you this year, I am not contracted with them but you’re free to enroll on Medicare.gov”

According to LD this is collusion? Am I missing something here?
Yes.

You appear to be so incensed by the posts I made that you have not read them carefully.

As I told you in previous posts my comments started with a question to an agent about the wisdom of his planned procedure. You asked a question. I gave you an answer. You continue to attempt to generalize my response away from the specifics of the thread post I responded to and the detailed answer I gave you earlier.

Multiple experienced agents posting in this forum talk about how short and skewed the memories of clients are concerning discussions of healthcare insurance of any type.

Multiple experienced agents posting in this forum are talking about the adverse effects closer CMS involvement with Part C and Part D regulation are having in 2024.

You are choosing to throw mud and obfuscate what I said by ignoring the fact that I was responding about an agent's AEP plan in which the agent is proposing to send the enrollee to a carrier for enrollment. It is also unclear whether or not the agent plans to do any plan finder evaluation of the prospects needs at all. I was not commenting about a situation in which the agent was going to send the enrollee to CMS plan finder for enrollment. If the enrollee has any problems with the plan, I think his attorney could find grounds somewhere in the rules of implied and apparent agency, the fact that plan finder was not used, and the current more stringent regulatory environment, to make life challenging for the agent. AND all this for a process that was a time suck for the agent and has brought him no compensation at all.

Do you use med.gov to run your quotes,

Yes, usually.

Caveat, not an agent.

In terms of agent liability, is that wise?

I'm not sure of any scenario where this is a real-life liability.

Option 1: Run their drugs and find the lowest pricing for the beneficiary, top 1-2 options, enrolling them myself whether I get paid or not.

Option 2: Run their drugs, let beneficiary know top 1-2 plans, and direct them on how to enroll themselves whichever they choose. This way I'm still able to help and can keep clients happy without being agent of record for the PDP plan.

I've never had a single issue with liabilities on #1, why would that change for #2?

Yes, usually.

I'm not sure of any scenario where this is a real-life liability.

Option 1: Run their drugs and find the lowest pricing for the beneficiary, top 1-2 options, enrolling them myself whether I get paid or not.

Option 2: Run their drugs, let beneficiary know top 1-2 plans, and direct them on how to enroll themselves whichever they choose. This way I'm still able to help and can keep clients happy without being agent of record for the PDP plan.

I've never had a single issue with liabilities on #1, why would that change for #2?
Caveat not an agent.

I have already answered that question multiple times in posts above.

I have been having to think very hard about rules of agency and appearance of actions, and appearance of representations of agents, in relation to comments they make to prospects and clients; as they bear on an issue I have commented about in another thread. That is part of what has led to my comments here.

And, as I have already said multiple times, it might be that agent actions in relation to Parts C and D will be more closely scrutinized this year than they have been in the past.

Just my opinion and comments. You are free to regard or disregard them however you wish.

Yes.

You appear to be so incensed by the posts I made that you have not read them carefully.

As I told you in previous posts my comments started with a question to an agent about the wisdom of his planned procedure. You asked a question. I gave you an answer. You continue to attempt to generalize my response away from the specifics of the thread post I responded to and the detailed answer I gave you earlier.

Multiple experienced agents posting in this forum talk about how short and skewed the memories of clients are concerning discussions of healthcare insurance of any type.

Multiple experienced agents posting in this forum are talking about the adverse effects closer CMS involvement with Part C and Part D regulation are having in 2024.

You are choosing to throw mud and obfuscate what I said by ignoring the fact that I was responding about an agent's AEP plan in which the agent is proposing to send the enrollee to a carrier for enrollment. It is also unclear whether or not the agent plans to do any plan finder evaluation of the prospects needs at all. I was not commenting about a situation in which the agent was going to send the enrollee to CMS plan finder for enrollment. If the enrollee has any problems with the plan, I think his attorney could find grounds somewhere in the rules of implied and apparent agency, the fact that plan finder was not used, and the current more stringent regulatory environment, to make life challenging for the agent. AND all this for a process that was a time suck for the agent and has brought him no compensation at all.

What are you talking about?

I am not “incensed” I (as well as everyone else in here) have no idea what point youre trying to make about liability.. if I am not the AOR then it has absolutely nothing to do with me, there is no “implied agency” or whatever other nonsense you’re on about.

Most agents will be out of PDP altogether at this point from what I am seeing (especially out of the bubble of this forum). They can keep their measly $4.17 a month.

I’ve defended you in here but man does it get hard to, do you go on other forums and tell people how to do their jobs there as well?

I have been running reports and recommending plans for 15 years but am never the AOR . . . which I know some agents find as incredulous while others can't believe how foolish I am to walk away from money.

I have my reasons, this is my preferred business model, and it works for me. So go away and don't bother me.

During that time I have run thousands of reports and either enrolled folks direct via Mcare or have told them how to enroll direct.

I can count on less than 2 hands the number of times there has been a foul up . . . about half the time when the client contacted Medicare dot com when I explicitly gave them the number and website for dot gov.

And a few times when I incorrectly transposed information that resulted in a problem that was easily resolved.

No one has sued me, threatened to report me or followed through and turned me in. Have I been lucky? Maybe.

Clients are happy, they give me referrals, keep coming back for help they can't get elsewhere.

Everyone but my bank is happy but the referrals and renewals keep me and my wife happy. So . . .

Back