Commissions held hostage!

ooooioooo

Over the past 25 years I've written a lot of under 65 health products and senior supplements.

Most of my products have been written through anthem of California.

Anthem told me that CMS requires a test to sell senior products and I'm OK with that. They said that CMS requires me to take that test or I will lose all 20 years of my commissions.

I'm sure they told me that in error... has anyone else heard one way or another.

I do not intend to sell insurance anymore (and I don't live in Ca anymore) yet I am required to take this test or I loose all my commissions ):

Over the past 25 years I've written a lot of under 65 health products and senior supplements.

Anthem told me that CMS requires a test to sell senior products and I'm OK with that. They said that CMS requires me to take that test or I will lose all 20 years of my commissions.

I'm sure they told me that in error... has anyone else heard one way or another.

I do not intend to sell insurance anymore (and I don't live in Ca anymore) yet I am required to take this test or I loose all my commissions ):

Why not just take the test? Problem solved.

Sounds as if they are referring to MA commissions as CMS does not control under age 65 ..

I'm kind of confused. From what you've said, my guess is they're referring to the AHIP exam, and Medicare Advantage plans. How have you not had to take this test every single year? Also, yes, this test needs to be taken every single year, otherwise commissions are not paid.

In my state, you need to pass the AHIP exam, AND the particular exam from each carrier. Some carriers require the AHIP exam and some do not, but Anthem (which is just called "Blue Cross" in my state) definitely requires a yearly exam that is specific for their company.

Back