Negotiating Commissions through a 3rd party

CoveredMA

Hi all,

long time reader here! Curious if anyone is aware of any organizations that help independent agents or smaller brokerages negotiate commission rates as a collective? Started discussing this with a few folks at a meetup in Boston last month.

I realize those are two very different scenarios. Specifically for brokerages, a friend has bought several smaller companies who have had success getting better commission structures post acquisition with more volume and leverage. He and I were chatting and wondered if there are any groups that bundle the volume of multiple brokerages to get better commissions.

Appreciate any feedback.

Hi all,

long time reader here! Curious if anyone is aware of any organizations that help independent agents or smaller brokerages negotiate commission rates as a collective? Started discussing this with a few folks at a meetup in Boston last month.

I realize those are two very different scenarios. Specifically for brokerages, a friend has bought several smaller companies who have had success getting better commission structures post acquisition with more volume and leverage. He and I were chatting and wondered if there are any groups that bundle the volume of multiple brokerages to get better commissions.

Appreciate any feedback.
There are a bunch of those. One example is The Marketing Alliance but there are several others. Talk to more agencies and see what they do as well.

Back