Company Name Recognition: Does It Make Prospecting Easier

mh5918a

This is to folks who are or were captive, do you find your company name gives you significant advantages in setting appointments, or does it really not matter?

Have interest from NYL, Mutual of O & MetLife, and I know I'm crazy to consider leaving as as an Indy, but as I don't purchase leads, prospecting has been tough in terms of cold calling & door knocking without having a "name" I can attach myself too. Think there are just some people more at ease with working with an established company, even though I've let them know as an Indy I can work with those companies too.

New York Life recruiter claimed name alone makes prospecting about 40% easier, as long as you put in the work, any truth to that?

Not the most intelligent question I know, thanks for the input.

"New York Life recruiter claimed name alone makes prospecting about 40% easier, as long as you put in the work, any truth to that?"

That would have pi**ed me off, really 40%?? Quantify that claim. I'm not giving you crap, but he is full of bologna. People on the phone ask me all the time "what co. are you with?" Response: That's the thing, I represent more then 20 co's. If you go into to an office for car insurance of XYZ Ins. and all they can offer is XYZ Ins, What do you get?
I Know what co's will be the best for someone who had a heart attack, cancer etc. Its simple and people agree. Appt. SET

This is to folks who are or were captive, do you find your company name gives you significant advantages in setting appointments, or does it really not matter? Have interest from NYL, Mutual of O & MetLife, and I know I'm crazy to consider leaving as as an Indy, but as I don't purchase leads, prospecting has been tough in terms of cold calling & door knocking without having a "name" I can attach myself too. Think there are just some people more at ease with working with an established company, even though I've let them know as an Indy I can work with those companies too. New York Life recruiter claimed name alone makes prospecting about 40% easier, as long as you put in the work, any truth to that? Not the most intelligent question I know, thanks for the input.

As an independent just tell them you represent Mutual of Omaha and see if you think it matters.

When we use a companies name when telemarketing for agents name recognition means a lot. Different companies invoke different feelings in the customer therefore affecting their response to our solicitation for a free quote.

You can always check out a lead service that is done by telemarketing. Check out our service, Lead Monster USA at LeadMonsterUSA.com. Our services are a little different, we are tried and true, and we provide everything with a reported 40% or better close rate. (Sorry for the plug fellas...)

This is to folks who are or were captive, do you find your company name gives you significant advantages in setting appointments, or does it really not matter?

Have interest from NYL, Mutual of O & MetLife, and I know I'm crazy to consider leaving as as an Indy, but as I don't purchase leads, prospecting has been tough in terms of cold calling & door knocking without having a "name" I can attach myself too. Think there are just some people more at ease with working with an established company, even though I've let them know as an Indy I can work with those companies too.

New York Life recruiter claimed name alone makes prospecting about 40% easier, as long as you put in the work, any truth to that?

Not the most intelligent question I know, thanks for the input.

I don't believe name recognition hurt me it is all about confidence in yourself. I have had many times that the first time a person learned the name of the insurance company is when they asked who to make a check out to....I will say back when I was security licensed and had to list the OSJ branch address and phone number which was 2 states away many people asked if I drove up everyday and felt that was a bigger thing to overcome.

Also on name recognition you and I know the big names because we are in the business but our prospects don't I will ask my wife or friend what they thought of the insurance commercial we just saw and they are like what company and I say the Pacific Life commercial.....or years ago when I was a New York Life agent , I was cold walking a business owner and handed him my card (as opposed to getting his I know mistake) he glanced at it and the logo and ask why he would want to talk about magazines he believed it was a publisher not a life insurance company.

I wish I could get a hold of some shirts with the UHC/AARP logo on them! Anybody know where I could score some?

I wish I could get a hold of some shirts with the UHC/AARP logo on them! Anybody know where I could score some?

Downlaod the logo, send said logo to an embroidery shop, deliver said embroidery some shirts to embroider, pay said embroidery shop..DONE

Downlaod the logo, send said logo to an embroidery shop, deliver said embroidery some shirts to embroider, pay said embroidery shop..DONE
Good point! If I'm going to go that all that trouble though, I might as well create a logo for my website URL and start building MY OWN brand, while I'm out prospecting!

Good point! If I'm going to go that all that trouble though, I might as well create a logo for my website URL and start building MY OWN brand, while I'm out prospecting!

I support this statement...check Fiverr.com for a logo... $5 for the design

Back