Comparing HSA's

I do understand that. But I have also read how tiny your commissions are on individual plans........so I tried to do a little leg work on my own. :goofy:

Just because it pays poorly doesn't mean we don't mind doing it for good clients.

Just be honest with him, and respect his knowledge and advice.

Just because it pays poorly doesn't mean we don't mind doing it for good clients.

Just be honest with him, and respect his knowledge and advice.

Will do. And thanks to all of you for participating in this forum. Your advice is greatly appreciated. You helped me clarify many issues.

bowdown.gif

kitty,

The plan doesn't look bad at all. It just depends on how you use health care. You've done a great deal of homework and looked harder than 99% of the people out there.

I am always a bit hesitant about reccommending anything outside of my state and the plans in it. Not all because I think they're bad, but because I don't completely know the market. You would be well served to follow the reccomendation to talk to an agent who does sell in your area.

Whether a plan is good or not, depends on the price and the need of the person considering it. Please don't mistake my comments for being disapproval. It doesn't look too bad cost wise to benefit, provided it fits your needs.

4Kitties - don't be afraid to contact Dave Fluker. He's outstanding and he knows the market in your state like the back of his hand. He'll answer questions that would take you hours to research. All of us are recommending him, not because we would receive any monetary value out of it, but because we know Dave's credibility and professionalism. You'll be glad you called him. It won't cost you a dime. The price is the same if you go through Dave as it is if you did this all on your own.

Thanks for the recommendations to call Dave Fluker - I did so and he is as wonderful as you all said he was. I've downloaded the necessary docs from his website and will submit application to him next week.

Thanks again to all of you for your participation in this website. I found it very informative.

Thanks for the recommendations to call Dave Fluker - I did so and he is as wonderful as you all said he was. I've downloaded the necessary docs from his website and will submit application to him next week.

Thanks again to all of you for your participation in this website. I found it very informative.

Good for you. You have found a forum with lots of professionals with good advice, but at the end of the day, it the best thing to do is to call someone who will help you on a personal basis, in your state (especially one recommended here!). We can give you all the free advice in the world but it won't change what you pay for your insurance and by calling your local independent, you help to keep him in business. You might get as good service if you called a carrier directly, but I doubt it. Plus you have someone you can call if and when your circumstances change, or if you need other insurance. Most agents on this forum, the successful ones, don't just think about the commission they will make, and whether it is the highest. Those types don't last in this business.

Now go out and get Dave some referrals! :laugh:

I would say that once the client hears "tax-exempt" benefits to an HSA, they are convinced that their lower monthly premiums along with their tax exempt account makes the plan more attractive. Of course then I have to sit down and run through all there different plans and rates and do some cold hard math if they can save money before they decide.

Tax benefits are inconsequential. If you introduce too many variables you lose them. I never discuss tax benefits unless they bring it up.

Back