Considering selling Medicare supplements. Am I crazy?

I have nearly two decade of experience in life/health (mostly life, and mostly annuities), but it has been very part time due to a start-up venture outside the insurance industry with which I was involved, thought it failed. Thus, I am looking to make insurance VERY full time.

My IMO relationship is a great one, but they are not in the Medicare market.

Ideally, what I am looking for is:
  • Telephone sales
  • Independent agency with several carriers available
  • Understand if it's worth my time, or if I would be better off just building the annuity side of my business
  • which I would argue adding Med Sups would help do
  • Some level of marketing support

My problem is ignorance, though I am willing to learn. I am much more interested in quality products and pricing than making high commissions on garbage and niche products.

Who are the big players/marketing organizations that have freedom, flexibility, and SOLID products? Yes, I have done some preliminary investigation and have some calls lined up for next week, but I know this forum is good at giving the details and thinking that a Google search and surface vetting doesn't always reveal.

Thanks for reading, and for any help you can lend!

We can certainly help you with all of this. If you want to be able to do MA plans remotely as well, we can handle that. This way, if someone needs an MA plan you can pivot easily if need be.

Back