Contacting Telemarketing Leads

AIABROKER

Expert
MI
I've been calling my telemarketing leads but I'm not having much success. The problem is no one is picking up their phone. So I'm wondering what tricks you may have to actually have these people pick up the phone.

Do you block out your number (*67) when you call?
Do you ever leave a voicemail message? I'm thinking of saying something like "Hello Mrs. Jones, my name is John and I was referred to you. Please call me at 555-1212...". I know it's very vague. Does it sound too sketchy?

Any other ideas on how to get through?

If people don't answer then they just don't answer.

It's borderline illegal to call them with your phone number blocked. It is illegal if you're cold calling (consumers).

Voicemails let them know to ignore you.

Just my experience.

If people don't answer then they just don't answer.

It's borderline illegal to call them with your phone number blocked. It is illegal if you're cold calling (consumers).

Voicemails let them know to ignore you.

Just my experience.

Would you elaborate on the voice mail part?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Would you elaborate on the voice mail part?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Sure thing.

If you see a missed call and get a voicemail to find out it's someone you don't care to talk to, what happens the next time you see that number on the caller ID?

If you see a number you don't recognize and they don't leave a message, but call back later, what do you do?

It can go both ways, but most of the time agents (or any marketer for that matter) shoot themselves in the foot by leaving a message when they're working leads that are skiddish.

Some people never answer their phone unless they know the caller. But a TM lead is someone who DID answer their phone. Keep trying. You can't possibly predict why someone doesn't answer their phone at any given time.

I don't care how many times you try. Until someone answers you keep trying. It takes one minute to make an unanswered call. Try them at different times of day. We dial until 8PM Many of our leads are generated in the evening hours. The prospect may say they want a morning or afternoon call back but truth could be WE reached them in the Evening.

Back