Cost of Lists

indiana260

Guru
1000 Post Club
If I were to do my own mailing s, how much do lists costs? I'd there any company that anyone would recommend?
I am thinking of making 10k per month.

If I were to do my own mailing s, how much do lists costs? I'd there any company that anyone would recommend?

If you are willing to buy access on demand for 200K names, you can go direct to Lead Research Group and pay $2,000. That's $10/K.

Or I can share what I bought for $20/K. (Yes, I make a $10/K profit on this but I was the one who laid out the $2,000). From what I was told by someone who sold this same data for $69/K it is about 98% accurate.

Or you can get unlimited data that I understand to be 85% accurate but of course you need to factor in the extra cost of mailing to bad addresses. But you'll only pay about $50 a month.

Since you'll be sending out of 100,000 in a year I suggest you go direct to LRG. Send me an email (below) and I'll get you the contact numbers.

Rick

I can match the lrg price on the same data at that volume, but what makes you want to do your own mailings? For what its worth, the cost savings can be fairly small. There are s lot of companies happy to do that type of work that are super efficient that can get mail out the door super cheap and include the data.

I can match the lrg price on the same data at that volume, but what makes you want to do your own mailings? For what its worth, the cost savings can be fairly small. There are s lot of companies happy to do that type of work that are super efficient that can get mail out the door super cheap and include the data.

I see several advantages to doing our own mailing. We would always be able to work the areas we want, we would know our leads are not being resold and we could save money.

This is just an idea in the preliminary stages. Just trying to get a good estimate and see where we go from here

I see several advantages to doing our own mailing. We would always be able to work the areas we want, we would know our leads are not being resold and we could save money.

This is just an idea in the preliminary stages. Just trying to get a good estimate and see where we go from here

The potential for leads being resold is a big deal. An easy way to avoid that without the hassle of doing your own mailing is to setup your own bulk permit and have the cards sent directly back to you. It's a little bit of a pain to get setup, but if you're thinking about doing your own printing you'll be doing the same thing. Most vendors should let you pick your own areas as well, they usually use Axciom for data which is a pretty solid company.

Do you think most of the DM people are doing it?

It seems like it's a bad business policy. If you have it sent to you directly you *know* they're not being resold.

One thing you're up against with these companies is generally they are running no fairly small margins, so anything they can do to pump up profits is something they consider. I had one company I was talking to about reselling their DM services tell me point blank that we could just send 90% of the order and make 10% more on it. That was the end of that conversation.

It seems like it's a bad business policy. If you have it sent to you directly you *know* they're not being resold.

One thing you're up against with these companies is generally they are running no fairly small margins, so anything they can do to pump up profits is something they consider. I had one company I was talking to about reselling their DM services tell me point blank that we could just send 90% of the order and make 10% more on it. That was the end of that conversation.

I thought that you would know, and suspected it a while back. I think that one of the things that they count on is the "we're so busy, we don't have to be dishonest, we hardly have time to talk"...but in the end, people always have time to pump up their profits and be dishonest if they want too.

Back