Couples Discount

rhcbp

Expert
Any Med Supp companies out there that would give a couples discount to someone who is turning 65 in November, but his spouse will not turn 65 until May?

Omaha insurance is one company that will give you a discount (12%) if you live with someone over the age of 60. GPM will discount 8% as well. I’m sure they’re others.

Lots of carriers offers a household discount. Some you don't even have to be married, you just have to reside with someone 18+.

Do you have access to the CSG quote engine or something similar? Just plug it in there and the discounts will pop up.

somarco said:

CSG doesn't give you the discount "rules" . . . unless it is hidden somewhere and I have not yet found it.

True. But it shows which carries offers discounts.

I started making a hh discount "cheat sheat" last year, then realized I only use a handful of carriers, unless one has a special niche. To hell with the discount if they're overpriced, anyway.

My Medico HDF policy had a discount because I was married. I don't know specific details or what other Medico policies that rule might apply to, my agent handled all that. (wife did not have to have a policy too.)

Any Med Supp companies out there that would give a couples discount to someone who is turning 65 in November, but his spouse will not turn 65 until May?
Depends on the state. In my state, both spouses(or 2 adults that have lived together in the same house that both have the policy. For instance, I have 2 sisters that live together and get the discount). In your example, They would both get the discount starting in May.

Not sure what the rules are in Kansas. Lost Dollar lives in Kansas and could answer your question.:yes:

Last edited:
Most will give the discount when they both are eventually on it like Cigna, Aetna, AARP, GTL ,lumico, new era and several others. But Shenandoah, GPM, medico, Western United, mutual of Omaha all give the discount for just living with someone.

My Medico HDF policy had a discount because I was married. I don't know specific details or what other Medico policies that rule might apply to, my agent handled all that. (wife did not have to have a policy too.)

At least in Nebraska, Medico will give the household discount if they live with someone that is 18+.

Back