Coventry: The good, bad and ugly

This all depends on the area of the country you are in.

I know that with Coventry and Humana, your support will be as good as the local / regional office lets it be.

Try selling Humana in California and you will starve. Try it in the KC metro and you can make a living.

Just went to 2008 rollout. They are going to go all out to tromp Humana and anyone else (Secure Horizons) that tries to work the KC market.

My biggest problem lies with administration... like Cenla Agent says, they don't know who is on first base. Not only that, but their FMO setup requires 12 months to divorce yourself from a stubborn FMO that will not release you. At least with Secure Horizons, it is only 6 mos. I have the same FMO for both.... fortunately am now free from him under SH, but have to wait another 6 mos to move my Coventry contract. In the meantime, it took me 4 mos to find someone at Coventry that knew the rules and provide the form to submit for this.

Well well....things don't sound so great at Covy/Camelot, do they?

I think my problem will get resolved....the one about getting mis-information and getting a phone enrollment not commissionable to me. I got thru to the top gal there, (referred to me by my FMO, Senior Mkt sales), who can override some comm errors.

I'll let you know when I get the checks.

She did say there were some major changes being made, including having an agents status portal, which hopefully will streamline their process.

At least they are aware they have problems; now let's see them solve some.

Back